FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Which modern engine would Mr. John DeLorean use?

My VIN:    10588

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

My Subaru 2.0 flat 4 with direct injection and a twin scroll turbocharger would be an awesome choice!

242hp/219lbft

Now building on that, how about for the DeLorean powered by a 2.5l direct injected twin scroll twin turbo flat 4 matched with all wheel drive!!?!?

Eh? Eh? Eh?

This is my dream. You all know now.
    -Luigi-
    Thank you ALL for your patience and your tremendous help!

1982 VIN#10588 Build Date Dec '81

My VIN:    4846

Modern Engine for the D???

I was thinking for a modern D engine they would use something smooth and silky, bullet proof, high HP with expandable options. It would need to be fuel efficient but with enough grunt to be a GT car. How about the venerable 3800 series III supercharged motors?

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by johnyrottin View Post
    I was thinking for a modern D engine they would use something smooth and silky, bullet proof, high HP with expandable options. It would need to be fuel efficient but with enough grunt to be a GT car. How about the venerable 3800 series III supercharged motors?
    Not bad except for the intake gasket leak issues. (resolved now?) It would be nice to have an engine/trans combo that would talk to each other and not require a MS or other aftermarket EFI system.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Which modern engine would Mr. John DeLorean use?

Going back to the original question posed by this thread, I can tell you one he did consider. Back in the late '90s I got a phone call from Gordon Novell, an occasional parts customer, who wanted to discuss the success of my supercharged Chevy 4.3 V6 swap. He said DeLorean, who was supposedly in the room with him, was considering something similar and wanted to know my impressions. While I never had the opportunity to have it dyno'd, I estimated the HP at around 300, with similar torque. I know it was enough to twist off the trans input shaft . I never heard any more from them. Check out this article and the related comments: https://www.hemmings.com/blog/index....mment-10146021
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

My VIN:    10155

What is the latest update from DMC?

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by anywhen View Post
    What is the latest update from DMC?
    Possibly available by 2021.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9