Vin 6298 has been in storage for about 5 years. I did not intend to put it into long term storage and did not take any precautions other than keeping it safe from the elements. I have a really small single apartment garage but I at least have a power receptacle and light fixture both located in the ceiling.

I had every intention on draining the fuel tank today. Unfortunately, the automatic garage door pulley bolt snapped off as I was opening the door. This leaves the garage unsecured. I spent the day preparing the move to another garage. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. My 12V tire pump wouldn't reach the front tires, had to drive around looking for a 12V extension cord, and I blew a fuse in the car that was powering the tire pump. The tires were 5-7 PSI and it took a LONG time to fill them. That's now all behind me.

Before 1st Crank Checklist

I have a great pre-crank checklist thanks to a lot of great threads already on this board including specific advice from NightFlyer, rdarlington, Rich, WelmoedJ, DMCMW Dave, and David T. (See http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?84...t-up-checklist)

1. Drain and clean fuel tank.
2. Assess state of the Fuel Pump and Fuel Sender to determine if replacement is necessary.
3. Change fuel filter.
4. Change fuel accumulator
5. Flush fuel system
6. Clean connections to WUR and injectors
7. Remove the air box and GENTLY press the metering flap - check for resistance. If so, take off the fuel distributor and unstick the plunger.
8. Drain motor oil and change filter.
9. Replace the battery.
10. Add a teaspoon of Marvel Mystery Oil down the plug holes.

After first crank - before a test drive:

1. Flush and change coolant.
2. Assess brake system
3. Tires