FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Water leaking from headliner

My VIN:    Latest VIN 83

Club(s):   (DCF) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Cool Water leaking from headliner

Would like to know how to stop the water leaking from the corners of the
    Headliner?
    I took off the t panel as well as the headliner and poured lots and lots of water
    And found no leak the water either sits in the corner and spills over the inner corner then dips to the lowest point the front dome light or spills down the front channel as it should but it is based on the angle of the driveway where it is parked. However this has happened on a regular basis when driving.
    So my question is how to stop the water from overflowing under the outer door seal to the headliner?
    Outer door sills are new as well as the headliner and my brand headliner is getting ruined.
    Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

My VIN:    1710

A common "leak" when it comes to the headliners getting wet isn't a leak at all. Pull up your inner door seals. If your headliner fabric is folded over the top of the lip that the door seals attach to (and drapes down the other side towards the water channels), this can cause the material to wick up water. If your car has an excess of material under the seals, just trim it up some & this should stop your headliners from getting wet.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    Latest VIN 83

Club(s):   (DCF) (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    A common "leak" when it comes to the headliners getting wet isn't a leak at all. Pull up your inner door seals. If your headliner fabric is folded over the top of the lip that the door seals attach to (and drapes down the other side towards the water channels), this can cause the material to wick up water. If your car has an excess of material under the seals, just trim it up some & this should stop your headliners from getting wet.
    Yeah I guess I should of mentioned that as well.
    That's the First thing I tried, they are trimmed very short.
    Needless to say it had no effect- still leaking.
    Great suggestion I really thought that would work but it
    Didn't seem to matter.
    Stills scratching my head at this one???

My VIN:    16419

i have the exact same problem. Danny at DMC Cali said that it has to be coming from behind the windshield. That i have to take off the flashing around the windshield and re seal it or add more RTV sealant to the space around the windshield making sure there is no spaces, and that ion some cases the fiberglass body istself has Air holes from when it was first formed and can leak from there. It would be a good idea to RTV the fiberglass body as well. Something I am doing this week.
    Let me know if it helps.