FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DMCH online wishlist is unstable!

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

DMCH online wishlist is unstable!

Beware if you are using a rather large wishlist on the DMCH site.
    I almost ended up with 10 intake gaskets and one lower arm bushing when in fact I had entered those differently.
    And that did not just happen once! With every refresh of the page the values jumped around a couple times!

What happened also is, when you move your item from the wishlist to the shopping cart, its fine. (have in mind it gets deleted from he wishlist) .
    Then you go to add the second item and he first one disappears from the shopping cart too! SWEET Now I had to remember what that first one was I lost!!!

Anybody reading this from the DMCH site.... Please do a bug test on that and also.... PLEASE add he option with which you can drop the ENTIRE (or more than one item selective) wishlist into he shopping cart.....
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    16882.

I have had a similar experience. The site has a gift registry. I had a small question about how friends could access my registry. I called DMCH and was told that I must be mistaken, that even their web guy said there is no gift registry. So I guess all those items I put in mine will never be seen and purchased for me. BOOO!

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

DMC's website is fantastic, great looking design, everything I could have ever wanted in a DeLorean Motor Company site. Their online store however, is the exact opposite. When I order anything from them, I phone it in, rather than try purchasing it online... far too many glitches, especially when ordering outside of the United States.

I know it's easy to complain, and it's not cheap for DMC to do, but they really need to overhaul the store portion of the website. Not only is it glitchy, it seems very outdated and doesn't match the rest of DeLorean.com. Maybe there are some technically savvy website designers and programmers on this forum that might want to help contribute to a new store.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I have no experience of the wishlist, but I think the on-line store is pretty good at getting you to the correct part # and pricing. I have used on-line stores for other vendors of parts for British cars and they are an absolute nightmare, and they supply parts for tens of thousands of MGs, Triumphs etc. (Basically you need to have a paper catalog at hand to work out the part number, then do an on-line search for that part number, note the price and they go to you shopping basket and re-enter all that info). While it may not be as slick as amazon or ebay, it's still pretty good.

I wonder how many individual on-line orders they process in a week or a month.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"