FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clutch Slave Cylinder

Clutch Slave Cylinder

Hi,

I've read that the clutch slave cylinder is Bendix: FC-313211 from the cross reference list. However, I can't find anyone that sells it.

Does anyone know any other numbers for the slave cylinder?

Or the car it's from?

Thanks.

My VIN:    16409

You're in luck, I just bought one on RockAuto. Go search for a 1981 Renault Master Van on RockAuto. The slave is listed under manual transmission. It's about $100 and ships from England.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    10904

Quote Originally Posted by yuiou View Post
    Hi,

I've read that the clutch slave cylinder is Bendix: FC-313211 from the cross reference list. However, I can't find anyone that sells it.

Thanks.
    http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean...nsmission.html

Lifetime warranty. Get the bleeder hose, you won't be disappointed. John shipped mine attached already -just one less thing to worry about.

Ping me if you get stuck putting it in. It's easy and takes 5 minutes if you know how to do it. It took me about an hour to figure out.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    You're in luck, I just bought one on RockAuto. Go search for a 1981 Renault Master Van on RockAuto. The slave is listed under manual transmission. It's about $100 and ships from England.
    I payed $70 for my DMC slave. Not sure of the point of cross referencing when it works out to be $30 more...

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I payed $70 for my DMC slave. Not sure of the point of cross referencing when it works out to be $30 more...

If it isn't all corroded badly inside the bore it is very easy to rebuild them. Very little to it, a piston seal and a dust boot. The whole thing is if the internal bore is badly corroded it has to be sleeved. It works out that is is cheaper to replace it, at least for now. If the slave cylinder gets more expensive to buy it may make sense in the future to resleeve it. If the slave cylinder is leaking you should also replace the master cylinder and if you still have the plastic hose you should get the S/S braided hose. To keep them from leaking you should flush and bleed the system (and the brakes) every other year with fresh DOT 4 brake fluid, preferably Castrol. Check the little hose from the reservoir to the master cylinder. If it looks like it is "sweating" you should replace it too.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    ...If the slave cylinder is leaking you should also replace the master cylinder and if you still have the plastic hose you should get the S/S braided hose. To keep them from leaking you should flush and bleed the system (and the brakes) every other year with fresh DOT 4 brake fluid, preferably Castrol. Check the little hose from the reservoir to the master cylinder. If it looks like it is "sweating" you should replace it too.
    +1

My VIN:    16409

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Now DMCH is charging $99 for their slaves. The slave I got from DMCH has failed prematurely. I have some kind of air leak in my clutch hydraulic system. Everything else has been replaced except for my slave, so that has to be the culprit. I would rather pay more for a part that comes from England/Europe than not knowing where DMC gets theirs. I had back luck with their master cylinders too. I was able to get a genuine Girling part from eBay.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

If it isn't all corroded badly inside the bore it is very easy to rebuild them. Very little to it, a piston seal and a dust boot. The whole thing is if the internal bore is badly corroded it has to be sleeved. It works out that is is cheaper to replace it, at least for now. If the slave cylinder gets more expensive to buy it may make sense in the future to resleeve it. If the slave cylinder is leaking you should also replace the master cylinder and if you still have the plastic hose you should get the S/S braided hose. To keep them from leaking you should flush and bleed the system (and the brakes) every other year with fresh DOT 4 brake fluid, preferably Castrol. Check the little hose from the reservoir to the master cylinder. If it looks like it is "sweating" you should replace it too.
    Where would be the best/cheapest place to get the seals?

Thanks.

My VIN:    6679

Check the little hose from the reservoir to the master cylinder. If it looks like it is "sweating" you should replace it too.
    I would hold tight on that for the moment... I replaced mine last year because it had itsy bitsy "sweating" on it.

One year later I was investigating something unrelated and discovered that replacement line now has large "beading" on it.

MidWest are consulting with Huston what is going on here. Until we hear word back my advise would be replacing it with a DMC part is a total waste of time as the replacement is actually worse...

Chris

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Isn't Dot 5 silicone preferable because it is not hygroscopic (water-absorbing)? Isn't moisture the main culprit of slave and master failure and the main reason why you need to flush the system every other year?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast