FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DeLorean Aerospace

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

DeLorean Aerospace

According to [I]Popular Mechanics[I] (http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...past-delorean/) JZD's nephew Paul DeLorean has designed an electric aircraft with an extraordinary low drag coefficient and impressive battery range with hopes of building a fully functioning prototype in 2018 and production to commence in five years (http://www.deloreanaerospace.com/about.html) What do you think, flight of fancy or viable proposition?
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

He's a DeLorean. He's a dreamer. Give him a way and he'll get it done. Takes after his uncle John. I can't wait!

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Color me doubtful. It can be done, but the Chinese and Japanese will figure it out well before anyone else.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Color me doubtful.
    I can't find "doubtful" right now. But if they actually build this thing, I do have just the color in mind...

Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    I can't find "doubtful" right now. But if they actually build this thing, I do have just the color in mind...

Hilariously placed between green and "sky" blue

He'll have a hell of a set of hurdles ahead of him, that's for certain. I for one hope he's studied DMC shortcomings immensely and is far more wise with the financial side of things. This is almost literally rocket science (well, propulsion anyways), and he's going to almost certainly need a source of funding in the interim. Unless he's built a prototype of some kind that we don't know about, I too am hesitant that he will accomplish it, but I also won't say "never". Money can be thrown away quite readily if he so desires, but if nothing else, maybe a few driving-only type models in the interim would be pretty awesome (so actual modern DeLoreans).

It CAN be done. It's a question of WILL it be done? I haven't a clue, but I am at least fascinated.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Hey remember my uncle? Well I'm doing the same thing except mine's going to fly!

Interested in investing?