FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

My VIN:    4245

Club(s):   (DMA)

I can't believe I complaining about a hot wheels DeLorean...

The next version has decorations based on the original retool of Proto 1 and will have a treasure hunt counterpart.

What a waste. How does recreating a generic tampo originally contrived to make the toy even less like a DeLorean do anything for the new tooling? Hot wheels had already designed a DMC stripe for their original 78 tooling.
    http://swiftysgarage.net/topic/385934/1/

Don't get me wrong I love the DeLorean hot wheels. What owner isn't hoarding these things to give away to kids at car shows? But they do look terribly disappointed when I hand them a red one.

My VIN:    16882.

We all know that a DeLorean run of Hotwheels is cyclical. Currently there are none at the stores, and I'm down to my last one after giving one away today at a show. First person to see them reappear please post to this thread asap. Thanks. I love seeing kids faces light up when I give them one...

Still Plays With Toys awildermode's Avatar

To answer a few questions since my last post.

- I am a Hot Wheels Designer and 3D Modeler. In short, I made it the push to bring the DeLorean into the Hot Wheels Line. Basically, you can blame me for making you roam the toy isles for the past five years.

- It is standard practice to release Hot Wheels in different colours and decos. While you will see vehicles based on colours and decos of their full size counterparts, more often you will see 'wacky' colours and decos.

- Both Super Treasure Hunt and Basic versions of the DeLorean (deco based on Turismo) should be in stores around June. Because we all know that June 81 builds are the best. Anyways, the availability of these will vary depending on your area and distribution.

There are some Super Treasure Hunts available on eBay, right now. These are being sold by the factory workers (illegally, not that it matters to most) in hopes to cash in on 'early sales'. You could spend the $30 and get it now, or wait until a month and get it for about $10 on eBay...or $1, if you can find it in the stores.

The difference between the Super TH and Basic version:
    Basic - Standard HW. Painted metal body, plastic chassis, plastic interior, plastic window, standard plastic wheels. Left and right side graphics
    Super TH - Paint on body is different process, more of a metallic/candy-like finish, similar to Spectraflame. Chassis, interior, and window pieces are plastic. Wheels are plastic hub with rubber tires. Left, right, and top deco.
    Note that the opening louvre feaure has been cost reduced (I have talked about this). The louvre is now part of the window piece. One little 'surprise', the windows have also been modified to the down/open position. Both versions are about $1 retail. Secondary market prices will vary from $1-3 for Basic, and $5-10 for Super TH. Prices will fluctuate as castings become more 'rare'.

- There are some Hot Wheels Back to the Future releases for later in the year. Again, I will mention that as soon as it is clear to do so.

If you have questions, I will answer what I can (and allowed to). Thanks!

Just leave me out of it..

Just got two Treasure Hunts in today and they are really nice. I wish the mainline version had the hood Tampo, but other than that they looks awesome.

They go great with my Turismos.

Gary

My VIN:    3937

I just found a HW of Biff's Ford with manure all over it. Gotta say, it's a bit gross, lol!! Was not expecting to see that when I went looking!

(If John U sees this, there were three more of the same ones at the Toys R Us in KW. They are $5.49 each, so I figured one was enough for my collection.)

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I just found a HW of Biff's Ford with manure all over it.
    I looked back through this thread (to posts from late 2013) and didn't see any reference to this car. The back of the packaging says 2014. Here's a couple of pictures. The clock tower is showing 4:04 for some reason. Maybe that's when Mr. Jones was scheduled to pick up his manure?

HW Biffs Ford 1.jpgHW Biffs Ford 2.jpg

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    3610

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I looked back through this thread (to posts from late 2013) and didn't see any reference to this car. The back of the packaging says 2014. Here's a couple of pictures. The clock tower is showing 4:04 for some reason. Maybe that's when Mr. Jones was scheduled to pick up his manure?

HW Biffs Ford 1.jpgHW Biffs Ford 2.jpg
    Or it could have been an error.

My VIN:    16882.

Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

First person to spot ANY sort of HotWheels DeLorean of ANY kind or color on the east coast USA PLEASE post it here. I promise I won't come to your city and buy all yours, I'm just getting tired of going out in my area and being disappointed. The Toys R Us manager told me that the east coast is the last to get them... 😞

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I haven't seen any of the recent releases yet, but yes, we are always 3-4 weeks behind the west coast in getting them.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    05457

I've been checking Walmart and Target here in California on a weekly basis and haven't seen any yet.
    David Proehl

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast