FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Now for the Important Stuff - HotWheels

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

In case any wonders what these new ones look like.

Mainline

Treasure hunt

Dennis
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    16882.

Awildermode, answer me this - on the east coast last year each store I went I had a full display of cars plus at least one additional dump bin display. This year, no dump bins and the shelf displays are always blowed out. The store personnel say they get what they get and its not up to them. What gives?

Finally found two at Target. Meh....

My VIN:    07000

I keep checking my local Target, which used to not only have a bunch of Hot Wheels, but every time I went in the past when they had the gray DMC's, I could easily score 2 or 3 each time.
    Now there's barely any Hot Wheels there, and of course no DMC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    I keep checking my local Target, which used to not only have a bunch of Hot Wheels, but every time I went in the past when they had the gray DMC's, I could easily score 2 or 3 each time.
    Now there's barely any Hot Wheels there, and of course no DMC's.
    Timebender, I've noticed this as well. Used to be plenty of cars on display everywhere you go plus at least one additional dump bin display. Now, there is barely any. According to a toys r us store employee I spoke to, they have no control over what the manufacturer ships - they sell all they get but can't get all they want.

Scored these at my local Walmart today. One of the managers said they just got a display bin. Felt like I may have been the first to hit it! No supers sadly, but some treasure hunts and plenty hovering DeLoreans! Got some Simpson's family cars, and a Speed Hunters car, too.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotafreak88 View Post
    Scored these at my local Walmart today. One of the managers said they just got a display bin. Felt like I may have been the first to hit it! No supers sadly, but some treasure hunts and plenty hovering DeLoreans! Got some Simpson's family cars, and a Speed Hunters car, too.
    What city?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    What city?
    A city in California. Found none at the kmart event on the 5th. Surprised me...

Still Plays With Toys awildermode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    Awildermode, answer me this - on the east coast last year each store I went I had a full display of cars plus at least one additional dump bin display. This year, no dump bins and the shelf displays are always blowed out. The store personnel say they get what they get and its not up to them. What gives?
    My apologies, I just saw this.

I am not in sales or distribution, so take this with a block of salt. The store personnel is correct, they get what they get. This is true for most product in stores.

In general, displays such as dump bins are the decision of the buyer (Wal-Mart, Target, Pep Boys). If they feel they need these displays, the product is ordered about a 6-12 months in advance. Sometimes they under order, this is why you see empty pegs and lack of dump bins. Sometime they over order, and you see old product in bins and pegs.

It is usually the store's responsibility to order more when they feel they are low. If the order is late, they may not get order in time...empty bins and pegs. If they order too much, you can experience lots of new product this month. Then as they get sold, you start seeing older product...which can look like 'no new product'. Stores generally order around the same time. So, every store is 'fighting' to get the same shipments.

Distribution factors in as well. I believe Texas is the main hub for Mattel product. Everything goes there when it ships in from the California port. From Texas, the product is trucked to buyer's main distribution centers. From there, they go to smaller distribution centers...then it goes to the individual stores.

Now, before all that...the buyer's order from the manufacturer. This generally determines quota. Once the orders are in the manufacturer makes only enough to satisfy those numbers to avoid storage and the shame of the clearance aisle. Remember Green Lantern toys? Well, we made too much and they bought too much....and no one wanted it. Sometimes not enough product is made and not enough is orders. In extreme cases, this causes the craze like Tickle Me Elmo, too little product with too much demand from customers. There is no way to just 'make more' in time. It takes months to make enough for a shipment.

It is complicated and way beyond my pay scale, and I have rambled long enough. Again, apologies for not catching this sooner. I hope this information helps.

My VIN:    05457

Finally! Was able to harvest a couple today from the local Walmart. No Treasure Hunts or hovermode cars, but I'm still very pleased!

Attached Images
    David Proehl

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast