FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Counterfeit Parts from China

My VIN:    03572

Ebay refunded my money for those counterfeit parts. It was a waste of money to use registered mail returning the parts since tracking always showed "in transit". My guess is tracking stops in China or the return address I got was not valid.

Now I'm very leery of buying any electronic items from China knowing how ramped counterfeit parts are there.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Good thing about ebay/paypal, easy to get your money back!

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    891, 1045

I don't order anything made in China specifically because of the hassle. I don't trust anything coming from China, which is also why i have little faith in any product containing Chinese components. The only exception has been my Air Mags.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

When shopping on eBay, I usually limit my searches to North American sellers only

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    When shopping on eBay, I usually limit my searches to North American sellers only
    A lot of "North American" sellers also sell Chinese products, but at higher prices!

A lot of Chinese companies sell good quality products at very low prices, shipping is very inexpensive too!

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    A lot of "North American" sellers also sell Chinese products, but at higher prices!

A lot of Chinese companies sell good quality products at very low prices, shipping is very inexpensive too!

LEVY
    Some of us are willing to pay more to get the product, regardless of where it's made (although I personally favor domestically produced when available), from a domestic retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    Some of us are willing to pay more to get the product, regardless of where it's made (although I personally favor domestically produced when available), from a domestic retailer.
    Some of us also know that sending as little money to China as possible and spending where possible on American made products will help keep Americans employed and ultimately help our economy...not to mention the environment. China is probably the worst country in the world for industrial waste and pollution.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    Some of us also know that sending as little money to China as possible and spending where possible on American made products will help keep Americans employed and ultimately help our economy...not to mention the environment. China is probably the worst country in the world for industrial waste and pollution.
    Thanks - I would have included that part in my comment, but the last time I did, I was put on time-out for being political

I don't think it's politics when it's simple fact. I can back it all up with news articles but I'm sure everyone already knows, but just one for reference: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...vy-metals.html

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    I don't think it's politics when it's simple fact. I can back it all up with news articles but I'm sure everyone already knows, but just one for reference: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...vy-metals.html
    Yeah, he skirted it. Very well done too.
    1-800-273-8255

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast