FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DeLorean Frame in Solidworks?

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by rdarlington View Post
    A better question might be:

What are the chances a company that bases part of their business around unique customer services would part with data collected through a lengthy (pronounced "expensive") process of measuring and modeling parts, tweaking them to get em right, and testing a full up assembly to ensure it's right, for free?

I guess it never hurts to ask!

-Bob
    I don't know about better, but it's definitely a longer question I figured since he wasn't selling any (to my knowledge), it couldn't hurt to ask.
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

My VIN:    6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 17086

I will try and take a measurement off my frame as soon as the weather improves and I get healthy again. It's 0 degrees F over here with lots of snow and I'm down with a flu...
    My frame is currently stripped off of all components and is just sitting in my shop. Taking a measurement will be easy.
    To be honest the difference in metric and standard isn't really that big. It's 1105 versus 1108mm. Just 3mm which in the case of our frames is really not that much.

I'll get that measurement as soon as I can... sometime next week.
    Greetings from Poland!
    Tom
    http://www.deloreana.com

Please excuse my typos... and watch this: Ben Champion - That Auto-Correct Song

My VIN:    16655

I realize that this thread predates my marriage- but it's exactly what I was looking for, and was curious if anyone involved had made any further progress with measurements/modeling of the frame. 16655's frame has some definite issues, and regardless of which approach I go with to fix it having the measurements to go off of in checking things would be very useful.

My VIN:    3771

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3