FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hagerty Classic Cars Magazine Articles

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I guess mine got lost in the mail
    I'm still not sure whether I am supposed to get this mag or not. So I called them up and asked for a copy and they were very nice about it and promised to send one out immediately. (The gent I was talking to had said he had been reading that very issue that morning, and seeing the car on my policy, he knew why I wanted it) True to their word, I got a magazine a couple of days later. Unfortunately it was the previous issue (Fall 2013). Called them up again and repeated the process, and yesterday the Winter 2013 issue landed in my mailbox. Excellent!

Thanks very much to all the nice folks at Hagerty, if any of them are reading this.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5482

I'm still not sure whether I am supposed to get this mag or not. So I called them up and asked for a copy and they were very nice about it and promised to send one out immediately. (The gent I was talking to had said he had been reading that very issue that morning, and seeing the car on my policy, he knew why I wanted it) True to their word, I got a magazine a couple of days later. Unfortunately it was the previous issue (Fall 2013). Called them up again and repeated the process, and yesterday the Winter 2013 issue landed in my mailbox. Excellent!

Thanks very much to all the nice folks at Hagerty, if any of them are reading this.
    So did you clarify if you get the magazine when you insure a vehicle through them? I'm considering changing providers and while this is relatively insignificant, it would be a nice additional perk.
    Jeff

In all honesty, when I was talking to them, I was convinced that mine was simply lost in the mail.

However I have done a little digging this morning and found that the magazine only comes with the optional "Hagerty Plus" program, an AAA-type program which starts at $30 p.a. (for 10 miles of towing of your classic) plus the mag, plus a few other things. I had the program for several years, but I think I dropped it as it seemed to just duplicate what I had with AAA and the AAA coverage is for both my DDs and the D.

Props to Hagerty for not pointing this out and refusing to send me the mag. Maybe I'll sign up for it again.
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10904

Spend the $150, get the magazine subscription *AND* the 100 miles towing package. They'll tow your car up to 100 miles, and they'll do this for you every day. There is no limit. It also extends to every other car you own. MUCH better than AAA as it also comes with roadside assistance. Check the Hagerty site for details.

-Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rdarlington View Post
    Spend the $150, get the magazine subscription *AND* the 100 miles towing package. They'll tow your car up to 100 miles, and they'll do this for you every day. There is no limit. It also extends to every other car you own. MUCH better than AAA as it also comes with roadside assistance. Check the Hagerty site for details.

-Bob
    They (Haggerty) quoted me $225-250 if I recall recently. How'd you get them to $150? Maybe its a geographic thing... I do live in Dallas county where nobody knows how to drive...
    Jeff

The $150 (actually $125) is the add-on for Hagerty Plus High Octane Plan (on top of your insurance premium).

There are three levels ($30/50/125). The lower two are just for your classic car. The top one gives:

Hagerty Plus covers the first 125 miles of guaranteed flatbed towing OR the first $100 of other roadside services like fuel delivery, battery jumps and lockouts. This plan covers an unlimited number of service requests per year for all of your household vehicles – not just your classics – and trailers towing your classic vehicles.

as well as

Benefits of membership include:
    • HVA eNewsletter – monthly newsletter offering historical information, updates on legislative advocacy and entertaining articles
    • Historic vehicle advocacy information and resources — access to online tools for historic vehicle news and advice
    • Hagerty Classic Cars magazine — the community’s most widely read publication
    • Discount program — savings on a variety of historic vehicle products and services
    • ““Ask Hagerty”" — answers to specific car questions
    • Collectors Foundation — supporting youth involvement in the community

Bob is saying that this $125 plan would replace your AAA plan, something that I am considering.
    Dermot

The $150 (actually $125) is the add-on for Hagerty Plus High Octane Plan (on top of your insurance premium).

There are three levels ($30/50/125). The lower two are just for your classic car. The top one gives:

Hagerty Plus covers the first 125 miles of guaranteed flatbed towing OR the first $100 of other roadside services like fuel delivery, battery jumps and lockouts. This plan covers an unlimited number of service requests per year for all of your household vehicles – not just your classics – and trailers towing your classic vehicles.

as well as

Benefits of membership include:
    • HVA eNewsletter – monthly newsletter offering historical information, updates on legislative advocacy and entertaining articles
    • Historic vehicle advocacy information and resources — access to online tools for historic vehicle news and advice
    • Hagerty Classic Cars magazine — the community’s most widely read publication
    • Discount program — savings on a variety of historic vehicle products and services
    • ““Ask Hagerty”" — answers to specific car questions
    • Collectors Foundation — supporting youth involvement in the community

Bob is saying that this $125 plan would replace your AAA plan, something that I am considering.
    Ah! Thanks for the clarification.
    Jeff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3