FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Another Bare Metal Gull-Wing

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Another Bare Metal Gull-Wing

Was at this year's Art Center Car Classic a few weeks ago, where this was displayed: 1939 Bugatti Type 64 Coupe… brushed bare metal body with gull-wing doors. Thought people might be interested because of the obvious similarities.

Also attached are a few other pix from the show. Note: I believe that's Peter Brock standing by the Shelby Daytona and C7 Vette. (There was also a Delorean on the lawn, but I didn't post a picture since we all know what they look like. :-)

39Bugatti64.jpgcitroen.jpgdaytona.jpgEssence.jpgGhiaCaddy.jpgstingray.jpgvette.jpg

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I have always wanted one if those Citroens but I don't think I am brave enough. By all accounts their idiosyncrasies make the D look well thought out.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    11280

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

cool pics. My friend who graduated from AC designed the Infiniti Essence. Pretty nifty looking cars - all of them!

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Hand-Schaub View Post
    cool pics. My friend who graduated from AC designed the Infiniti Essence. Pretty nifty looking cars - all of them!
    Cool... Your friend did a great job! The car is even more impressive in real life. I'm actually enrolled in Art Center's transportation design program now. Great program... Extremely challenging.

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    I have always wanted one if those Citroens but I don't think I am brave enough. By all accounts their idiosyncrasies make the D look well thought out.
    I equate car repair and restoration to fishing.

Aa an angler, first you want to catch all the fish that you can
    Then you want to catch the biggest fish that you can.
    Then you want to catch the most challenging.

It's become the same way with cars for me. At first I wanted to customize and hotrod anything I could. Then I wanted the biggest car I could get, the DeLorean. Now I'm just looking to get the restoration over with to move on to my next car. I'm wanting a real challenge. I've looked at Citroens and even Renault Fuegos. I want something that will require both learning, possible fabrication, and chasing down of rare parts. A real agony and ecstasy type of project car hell that will result a true triumph once complete, you know? Something where I don't have to just call anyone for a part, but have to track stuff down the way things used to be done.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...