FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Goldbergs

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

The Goldbergs

Has anyone tried this sitcom? It's actually pretty good and I don't watch much commercial TV cuz most of it sucks. Maybe it's because I can really relate to the era........ big hair, shag, spandex, ORANGE....

Anyway, the trailer for next week's show included some guy and his Delorean in the driveway. More exposure.

Tuesday, 9/8 CST I believe, but double check.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    4534

It comes on after Shield. I've never watched it but I might try this episode just to see the car.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I've seen a few episodes and there have been a couple of references to "time traveling cars".

Last week it was "Who you going to Telephone -Ghostgetters", obviously a licensing side step.

I started watching it thinking if ever there was the chance of a D in a sitcom, one celebrating the 80s would be it.

It's OK, not a classic, but I'll definitely watch next week.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

My wife and I love the Goldbergs. Decent cast and based on real home movies. Pretty hilarious.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Haven't missed an episode. Love it!
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

Goldbergs

I got to hang out on the set the other day along with my pal James and Kevin Pike and be a part of the Back in Time Documentary. It was so amazing to see everything the way it was when I was growing up. They had me bring my Time vehicle there and boy did that stir up a few executives in a positive way The little guy, Sean Giambron, enjoyed chilling in the TM as well a few other actors. It was awesome. I am planning to return Stay tuned
    Attached Images
    Last edited by hylnder777; 11-14-2013 at 01:49 PM.

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by hylnder777 View Post
    I got to hang out on the set the other day along with my pal James and Kevin Pike and be a part of the Back in Time Documentary. It was so amazing to see everything the way it was when I was growing up. They had me bring my Time vehicle there and boy did that stir up a few executives in a positive way The little guy, Sean Giambron, enjoyed chilling in the TM as well a few other actors. It was awesome. I am planning to return Stay tuned
    Was this on the Sony lot?

Never mind, it was. My Brother in law text me this pic when he was on the lot filming a different show.ryan d.jpg
    Last edited by yellowmxwheels23; 11-15-2013 at 05:58 AM.

[QUOTE=yellowmxwheels23;125846]Was this on the Sony lot?

Never mind, it was. My Brother in law text me this pic when he was on the lot filming a different show.ryan d.jpg[/QUOTE
    Awesome, small world

My VIN:    16353

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Watched it. Never seen the show before. Kind of forgettable, like that other show that featured a DeLorean that aired last year with Christopher Lloyd as a special guest star; "Raising Hope" I think it was called.

I couldn't figure out what year specifically in the 80's The Goldberg's was taking place. George Segal told the guy who bought the DeLorean that John DeLorean had just been arrested, and that DMC was now out of business. So that would make it 1982. But yet there was a Ghostbuster poster hanging on a wall, Ghostbusters having been released in 1984. And then there was mention of Back to the Future; 1985, and the Tom Cruise movie Cocktail, which came out in 1988. So I'm just assuming it doesn't take place any specific year, but just the generic 1980's, like how That 70's Show did it.

At least there weren't any cocaine jokes.

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by martydmc12 View Post
    Watched it. Never seen the show before. Kind of forgettable, like that other show that featured a DeLorean that aired last year with Christopher Lloyd as a special guest star; "Raising Hope" I think it was called.

I couldn't figure out what year specifically in the 80's The Goldberg's was taking place. George Segal told the guy who bought the DeLorean that John DeLorean had just been arrested, and that DMC was now out of business. So that would make it 1982. But yet there was a Ghostbuster poster hanging on a wall, Ghostbusters having been released in 1984. And then there was mention of Back to the Future; 1985, and the Tom Cruise movie Cocktail, which came out in 1988. So I'm just assuming it doesn't take place any specific year, but just the generic 1980's, like how That 70's Show did it.

At least there weren't any cocaine jokes.
    Yea the show starts off with the date then narrator says 1980 something. Also the plates on the car say registration is up in 86.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast