FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DMCTalk.org Forum Rules

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

DMCTalk.org Forum Rules

Welcome to DMCTalk! We are a community of DeLorean enthusiasts - some of us are longtime DMC owners, some are people who have just gotten their hands on a shiny (relatively) new DeLorean, and others are simply admirers of the car. While we all have this wonderful piece of automotive history tying us together as a community, it's important to remember that we ARE a community and many of us have many interests outside of the DMC-12. We encourage all kinds of discussion on our forum because after all, that's what forums are for! However there are a few simple rules we would like you to keep in mind if you'd like to participate in our community so that we can keep everything chill, friendly, and informative.

1. No harassment. Period. Name-calling, trolling, threats, posting of inappropriate personal and/or private information, and other forms of harassment either via forum posts or private messages will not be tolerated. Debates are fine and even welcome, but let's stick to constructive discussion and not devolve into childish bullying.

2. No discussions of a political nature. We have a very wide membership with varied opinions all across the political spectrum. Some people hold very strong opinions about various political ideals, and this is a touchy subject that doesn't have a place on DMCTalk. We encourage discussion about a great many things and we even have an Open Discussion forum to talk about things other than the DMC-12, but this is far too polarizing a subject to end well for anyone. So we ask that you refrain from any political discussion on DMCTalk.

3. No discussions of a religious nature. The religious views of our members are undoubtedly as varied as their political views, so this is another hot-button issue that does not belong here. Everyone has a right to their own religious beliefs, and this is not the place to question yours or anyone else's. Respect the beliefs of your fellow DMCTalk members and don't start conversations about religion or bring religion into any discussions.

4. Don't break any laws. We can't be responsible for the content of posts by our users, but this is pretty simple. If something you're posting is in violation of your local laws or any laws of the United States, don't post it.

5. One account per person. There is no need for a single user to have multiple accounts here. We are a community, and people in a community are known by their names so pick one and stick with it. Don't create multiple accounts to try and break the rules with an offshoot account or to circumvent a ban.

6. Keep it family friendly. Let's face it, this is a discussion site so expletives will surface in conversation from time to time. That's to be expected. What we won't tolerate, however, are posts or messages that are unnecessarily or overly obscene, vulgar, hateful, sexually-oriented, or other anything else that falls reasonably outside of friendly conversation.

7. Post topics in the appropriate subforum. A place for everything and everything in its place. If you'd like to post a guide on how to accomplish a specific task with the DMC-12, post it in the How-To Guides section. If you have parts for sale or are looking to buy something specific - or even if you're looking to buy or sell an entire DMC-12 car, we have a For Sale & Services / Want To Buy Section [Read Rules]. Questions about the car or noteworthy DeLorean-related stuff should go in General DeLorean Discussion. As mentioned earlier, we even have an Open Discussion area for discussions about almost anything else. Just make sure your posts are being submitted in the correct place. If you've accidentally posted something where it doesn't belong, don't worry! Simply contact an administrator and we'll be happy to move it for you.

These rules are really easy to follow, but if you don't think you can abide them we ask that you do not participate in our community. If you willfully disregard them, the website administration staff will take action. Otherwise, welcome!

----------
    Attention Mobile/Tapatalk Users: Since Tapatalk (and other) developers have decided to override the forum's signature functionality and hack in their own "Posted from my Mobile Device using Tapatalk" byline to appear at the end of the body of posts, we ask that you respect our forum users and disable this "feature" in your respective app. We prefer that signatures stay where they belong - in the signature field. This allows our users who have chosen to disable signatures to have this functionality remain consistent.
    ----------

Although the administrators and moderators of the DMCTalk.org will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of this site, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message, public or private.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of DMCTalk.org reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
    - Chris

what

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Was there any mention of a "by invitation only" off topic forum when the no political/religious thing was going on? I thought it would have been a better solution to the problem(which I didn't see as a problem at all) to have a section in which the member has to apply for permission to use. It would be a closed section to anyone who doesn't have permission and they can not see anything posted there either purposely or accidentally unless they have had access granted to them. This way everyone is happy, those of us who have a interest in what's happening in the world have a place to chat with other like minded DeLorean enthusiasts and those of us who get bent out of shape over anything they read that they don't agree with can continue on in the open part of the forum, completely oblivious to the chatter in the "thicker skin" forum. In fact, there would be minimal moderator attention needed, as those of us who do enjoy conversing about such matters are pretty well behaved and only the occasional bot my need to be banned.

If any of the mods do not want this position, I'm sure there would be plenty of members in good standing willing step forward to oversee this one section.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

That would work if the BS stayed in that section....

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Was there any mention of a "by invitation only" off topic forum when the no political/religious thing was going on? I thought it would have been a better solution to the problem(which I didn't see as a problem at all) to have a section in which the member has to apply for permission to use. It would be a closed section to anyone who doesn't have permission and they can not see anything posted there either purposely or accidentally unless they have had access granted to them. This way everyone is happy, those of us who have a interest in what's happening in the world have a place to chat with other like minded DeLorean enthusiasts and those of us who get bent out of shape over anything they read that they don't agree with can continue on in the open part of the forum, completely oblivious to the chatter in the "thicker skin" forum. In fact, there would be minimal moderator attention needed, as those of us who do enjoy conversing about such matters are pretty well behaved and only the occasional bot my need to be banned.

If any of the mods do not want this position, I'm sure there would be plenty of members in good standing willing step forward to oversee this one section.

Like Ron said, it was tried before, and it didn't stay in that section. Little grudges between so-called "thick skinned" people would spill over into the other forums, into their responses to other posts, and frankly it just isn't worth it. Before you know it, the trolling posts start up. The last time the section was opened up, almost none of us ever went in there and all hell kept breaking loose. We had people purposely trolling the section just to get people riled up, never posted anything DeLorean related, etc... It's pandora's box that's just not going to be opened again. We just want this to be a nice, civil car forum--plain and simple.
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I think this forum is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was prior. In time other car clubs looking in might have a little respect for owners preserving the dream. Might take a couple of years of mature adult responses but I think it is coming along thanks to positive moderation.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters