FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Complete, Full Color Wiring Diagram

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Complete, Full Color Wiring Diagram

Corrected and updated, including fusebox/relay compartment, instrument cluster connections, engine harness connector pinouts and an updated and corrected legend - all in a full color, giant 24" x 36" poster-sized printed piece. Shipped rolled in a protective cardboard box.

http://store.delorean.com/p-9202-wiring-diagram-lg.aspx

http://store.delorean.com/p-9202-wiring-diagram-lg.aspx
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Fantastic. A great amount of detail all consolidated on one sheet.

What paper stock is this printed on, like a sheet of loose leaf paper thick, or poster board thick?
    ..and are these only available through online order, or do/will the local franchises sell these?
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

My VIN:    3299

That's a pretty good deal!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Even the bulkhead connectors! Wow, this is very comprehensive.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    5092

Love it. Great work!

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Fantastic. A great amount of detail all consolidated on one sheet.

What paper stock is this printed on, like a sheet of loose leaf paper thick, or poster board thick?
    ..and are these only available through online order, or do/will the local franchises sell these?
    In printer jargon, it's called 100lb gloss book. Regular copy paper is generally 20lb or 24lb. A good approximation that would serve as a reference is to say about the same thickness as a higher quality magazine cover - like we used on "deloreans" magazine, for example.

One of the features, for me, is the 24"x36" size. This is a standard poster frame size that can be purchased locally at any Wal-Mart, Target or similar store for typically less than $20.

James
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    In printer jargon, it's called 100lb gloss book. Regular copy paper is generally 20lb or 24lb. A good approximation that would serve as a reference is to say about the same thickness as a higher quality magazine cover - like we used on "deloreans" magazine, for example.

One of the features, for me, is the 24"x36" size. This is a standard poster frame size that can be purchased locally at any Wal-Mart, Target or similar store for typically less than $20.

James
    Looks great James.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

We've had a few versions of proofread copies here for the past few months, and everyone I've ever showed it to was ready to buy one on the spot.

BTW - it's amazing how many mistakes / ( and running changes to the car) there were on the original diagram.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    3937

That looks really nice.

Is there any intention of releasing a full resolution downloadable version?

I ask because I more often than not do much of my research or troubleshooting or job planning on the computer looking at my screen, rather than out in the garage looking at the paper copies.

I realize it would be challenging to prevent it from getting out there for anyone to download, much like many other technical documents. The Owners Manual for a while had a version that was locked for printing, for example.

I don't know what the solution would be to let someone who may purchase the paper version to also receive a digital copy, yet somehow control who gains access to it. We all know people don't stand by their word anymore, so any honesty policy isn't going to work (not for an entire Internet community, individual exceptions of course may still hold). Software products like MS Office have a key code which you enter to register them, but this seems way too unnecessary for a drawing. Any ideas? Would love to hear your thoughts...

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

If you buy one, you can shoot a high res digital photo of it yourself that would probably suit your needs. In this case 15 megapixels would be about 300dpi. That would serve for a lot of digital reference, but you'd still have the high quality printout if something wasn't quite readable. I suspect a 36" by 48" would sell well too - there are a lot of owners who could benefit from slightly larger type.

It doesn't make good business sense to distribute the digital master - a lot of time and effort went into making this and no one wants to leave a sour taste in Houstons mouth for making this for us.

It's clear that James, Dave, et al have a personal passion for what they do - and they want to help owners and the marquee. They all have mortgages to pay too. It's safe to say none of the vendors would ever come to my office and steal anything, we owe them the same respect. The price is more than fair.

Imagine how much you would pay if Delorean One had published this? ("Wiring Diagram? Why would you need that?") Worse yet, imagine how accurate it would be if it was being printed in the suburbs of Dallas, or how long you would have to wait for it to ship out?
    Last edited by TTait; 11-20-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast