FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Complete, Full Color Wiring Diagram

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    We've had a few versions of proofread copies here for the past few months, and everyone I've ever showed it to was ready to buy one on the spot.

BTW - it's amazing how many mistakes / ( and running changes to the car) there were on the original diagram.
    Thanks Dave.

I know this has been a "pet project" of yours for over a decade, since the first corrections you made to the Zilla wiring diagram, when it came out.

I know Dave has spent countless hours on verifying and correcting the DMC wiring diagram, especially since he "went pro" shortly after DCS 2006.

I know there is a significant effort that Dave Swingle has contributed to this project, so again, thanks Dave and to everyone else who helped.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Believe me, James and Sarah have way more time in this than I do.....

Sent from my phone
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

My reference was to the Technical Content (specific changes/corrections in the wiring diagram), not the final product image.

While I agree the final product image looks good, other attempts have looked good too, but the content has been incorrect.

Nice to have it all in one package this time.

My VIN:    3299

Sent from my phone
    Oh please. I see you on FB at 2300 nearly nightly. Prolly on DMCTalk answering posts here too :P. Stop being so helpful!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Oh please. I see you on FB at 2300 nearly nightly. Prolly on DMCTalk answering posts here too :P. Stop being so helpful!
    Stephane Hirschi in France contributed the base diagram, which then several people (Dave, Stephen, Dave's Techs, our techs) pored over looking for things to correct/clarify.

Dave Swingle provided the instrument cluster diagram and good insight into how to account for the various differences throughout production.

We also clarified and alphabetized the legend, making it match the captions on the diagrammed components themselves. Sarah and everyone already mentioned proofed it multiple times - the final printed version is Rev 5A3. And the one thing we all agreed on is that no matter how much we look at it, shortly after it gets in someone's hands, they will find a mistake.
    James Espey, President
    DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
    http://www.lcassicdmc.com

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    ...It doesn't make good business sense to distribute the digital master - a lot of time and effort went into making this and no one wants to leave a sour taste in Houstons mouth for making this for us.

It's clear that James, Dave, et al have a personal passion for what they do - and they want to help owners and the marquee. They all have mortgages to pay too. It's safe to say none of the vendors would ever come to my office and steal anything, we owe them the same respect. The price is more than fair....
    Just to clarify, I definitely agree that James, and Dave, and many others at DMC put a ton of work into this and many other products over a long period of time. I also was not calling into question that many also make their living by selling and servicing these cars and the products that go with them.

I only asked if there was any intent on making this drawing available in a download. I personally like to use digitized versions of such drawings or documents rather than the paper copy. If I could spend $20 on the large paper one and have an option to pay an additional $20 (or some number TBD) for a downloaded copy, I would do that.

I do not know how one would offer this, considering the fear of losing control over its use, or seeing your hardwork on creating the document not translate into some sort of reward, financially or otherwise. There doesn't seem to be an easy or obvious answer, THAT IS WHY I ASKED THE QUESTION.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6679

I entirely agree - I bought the (old) printed one and have never used it. I instead use the VECTOR version on my iPad (when in the garage) and MacBook Pro (when inside) to zoom around and analyse.

Scanning the new one in ourselves is not the answer - no matter how high a res it is scanned at it will still be a massive rasterised bucket of crap.

However, offering a PDF of this new one is recipe for mass-distribution.

My suggestion would be an app - an iOS app (which is a Mac app anyway so piss easy to make a Mac AppStore version too) with it embedded in would be an ideal way to sell and control an electronic version. That just leaves the android, Windows Phone, and Windows desktop to deal with...

Please consider it, as I have no use/intention to buy another printed copy I won't use but would be first in line to buy an electronic one.
    Chris

My VIN:    5180

Fantastic piece.

The best part here is the Standardized frame size. Poster frames are are about $20 - $30 at most department stores ( Target, Walmart, K-mart, etc.) This will look good in any Home Office or on your Garage Wall. Looks Like I'll be getting a new office poster soon.

I have a couple different color versions, created over the years, of the Original (uncorrected) Schematic in 11 x 17 format that are Heavy Mil laminated. I keep one in the car at all times under the rear shelf carpet. NO folding necessary that way.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Fantastic piece.

The best part here is the Standardized frame size. Poster frames are are about $20 - $30 at most department stores ( Target, Walmart, K-mart, etc.) This will look good in any Home Office or on your Garage Wall. Looks Like I'll be getting a new office poster soon.

I have a couple different color versions, created over the years, of the Original (uncorrected) Schematic in 11 x 17 format that are Heavy Mil laminated. I keep one in the car at all times under the rear shelf carpet. NO folding necessary that way.
    Never though of keeping the schematic under the rear carpet. Good idea.

I also keep many 11 x 17 schematics, computer, workshop and garage. I like that size because it's easy to handle but I could use the corrected schematic when looking at those corrected areas.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    5180

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Never though of keeping the schematic under the rear carpet. Good idea.

I also keep many 11 x 17 schematics, computer, workshop and garage. I like that size because it's easy to handle but I could use the corrected schematic when looking at those corrected areas.
    I lay it on the center foam pad. fits nicely there without being in the way of the access covers.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast