FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: DCS 2014 "I'm Registered" List

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Myself and Nick Kemp with be driving in from MN. Dunno if anyone else from MN is going this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by whocruiser View Post
    Looking at the airport/hotel transport situation and not too happy. Says it's 16 miles away, no hotel provided pickup service, and not a lot of affordable shuttle/limo/taxi options, seems most are in the $35 & up range each direction, and many won't even make a pickup early enough in the day on Sunday for my early flight home :-( Anyone else out there also looking at transport options who might want to share a ride if our schedules are close enough? My flight arrives at 11am on Thursday the 12th, and my flight home departs at 6am on Sunday the 15th, anyone with similar plans? Or alternately, any kind hearted locals who might offer a ride for some gas money?
    Colleen and I will be heading down from MN but we're driving Tuesday and Wednesday, so no convoy.

whocruiser, If I were you I'd try and hold out for shared shuttle service as it'll benefit more people than just you. If you're not having any luck I would be happy to pick you up Thursday at 11:00 at the airport.

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Colleen and I will be heading down from MN but we're driving Tuesday and Wednesday, so no convoy.

whocruiser, If I were you I'd try and hold out for shared shuttle service as it'll benefit more people than just you. If you're not having any luck I would be happy to pick you up Thursday at 11:00 at the airport.
    That would be awesome of you if you can :-)

The Sunday morning return trip will be my harder option, as the shared van/limo companies (at least the ones I'm finding online so far) won't do a pickup on Sunday morning before 6am. I've found one private car hire guy online with a 7 passenger minivan who will go as early as 4am, but he's literally a one man operation, and I'm currently awaiting a response from him on availability & rates, will see what happens there first...

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by whocruiser View Post
    That would be awesome of you if you can :-)

The Sunday morning return trip will be my harder option, as the shared van/limo companies (at least the ones I'm finding online so far) won't do a pickup on Sunday morning before 6am. I've found one private car hire guy online with a 7 passenger minivan who will go as early as 4am, but he's literally a one man operation, and I'm currently awaiting a response from him on availability & rates, will see what happens there first...
    I'll pick you up Thursday but I'm afraid that hour Sunday morning you're on your own. PM me the details of your arrival Thursday and I'll meet you there.

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'll pick you up Thursday but I'm afraid that hour Sunday morning you're on your own. PM me the details of your arrival Thursday and I'll meet you there.
    Will PM you my details right away, thanks :-)

I now have the EARLY Sunday morning hotel to airport run confirmed with the minivan guy, he's OK with a 4:30am pickup in the hotel lobby, but was already booked elsewhere on Thursday, so I guess it was fate for you to offer the Thursday ride. And since he does have room for up to 6 passengers, he says it's OK for me to recruit any other early Sunday 6am-ish flight people who can ride along and split his $40 flat fee with me, and then we can all tip him nicely for being so accommodating ;-)

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

I just passed St Louis... Will be there tonight. It has been flawless driving since yesterday morning, until I just stopped for gas.
    The passenger door is now stuck in the locked position. It will not open with the key from the outside, or hitting the button inside. When I press the button inside, it kind of tries to unlock, then stays locked. It had been working fine right up until then.
    The driver door works fine from inside and out.

What should I check first tonight?
    Or better, will anyone who understands the door lock system be around/free tonight to give a hand with it? (If so, please send me a pm w/ contact info, or reply and I'll send my cell #)
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Disregard that... Got it taken care of. I was finally able to get it open, and duplicate the problem. It was caused by operator (passenger) error. My fiancè was not closing the door hard enough and the locks and strikers were jamming up. All taken care of now (I close the door for her now)
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7