FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pilot car D20 on the market in the UK

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Pilot car D20 on the market in the UK

This is NOT a solicitation to sell.

Only a link here for those interested information about the DeLorean pilot cars, one of which is now on the market, listed as a "1980" model which is interesting all by itself.

LINK: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C250868

The listing has some interesting historical facts and stories about this pilot car (e.g., more door flex due to sliding-window design, handmade stainless body panels prior to stamping dies coming on line for production)

".....the company that carried out all of the US emissions testing, Olsen Engineering, were never paid for their work and after lots of threatening letters....they took a lien out on the test vehicles they had possession of and sold them at a public auction in January 1982.

Amazingly, the lien actually saved these cars, as the pilot vehicles were never intended to be sold to the public and would have been destroyed like all the previous models. The view was that these were pilot cars built for internal use within Lotus and were not built with the general public in mind."

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Yeah that listing has been up there for years!
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Yeah that listing has been up there for years!
    Chris Nicholson keeps this car under a cover in his workshop, he takes it out for a run occasionally. He really should sell it so that his workshop is less cramped

My VIN:    5757

It looks so different without the DMC grill emblem.

My VIN:    05141

I've seen that car for sale indeed for a long time.
    I saw it also at eurotec in the UK a few years ago and it is a very nice car with history.

Hopefully it will end up where it belongs; in a museum somewhere.
    Something tells me I should forward this to the automotive museum in Brussels, They had a Delorean for a long time but it was removed and showed up in a field abanoned later. No idea what hapened to it but it was the owner that get the car back from the museum, so Autoworld did not own it.

I hope it gets a good home sometime where it can be seen by many people.

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    04610

Quote Originally Posted by john 05141 View Post
    I've seen that car for sale indeed for a long time.
    I saw it also at eurotec in the UK a few years ago and it is a very nice car with history.

Hopefully it will end up where it belongs; in a museum somewhere.
    Something tells me I should forward this to the automotive museum in Brussels, They had a Delorean for a long time but it was removed and showed up in a field abanoned later. No idea what hapened to it but it was the owner that get the car back from the museum, so Autoworld did not own it.

Jan
    Where did you get that info, Jan?? I'm curious ... You know where this car is now? Pictures?

...........Hopefully it will end up where it belongs; in a museum somewhere.

Jan
    Museums usually don't buy, especially high ticket items. If this vehicle still for sale it is because price is high. Not enough Delorean enthusiasts to be a museum moneymaker.

Still, it can be donated.

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Where did you get that info, Jan?? I'm curious ... You know where this car is now? Pictures?
    A friend visiting from Germany wanted to see the museum about 2 years before I bought my Delorean. I remember very well seeing it on the first floor near the railing. I saw it right away when we came in and I just could not wait before getting there.
    I have some pictures somewhere, it was standing there with the doors closed I looked at it for a long time, dreaming the dream.
    Not so long after the visit, I read an article there was a Delorean standing in a field in the Walloons not far from Charleroi (South part of Belgium, French speaking) It was standing there in a field with no houses nearby. A new article came months later; the car was still there and turnig green as nature started to take her back. Then it was announced this Delorean was the one from Autoworld in Brussels. It is the last I ever heard. No VIN Andy, sorry.
    I said it many times, more Delorean in the Walloons than you think, but there are no contacts, we should meet up with them one day.

Jan

Steering with power

My VIN:    04610

A friend visiting from Germany wanted to see the museum about 2 years before I bought my Delorean. I remember very well seeing it on the first floor near the railing. I saw it right away when we came in and I just could not wait before getting there.
    I have some pictures somewhere, it was standing there with the doors closed I looked at it for a long time, dreaming the dream.
    Not so long after the visit, I read an article there was a Delorean standing in a field in the Walloons not far from Charleroi (South part of Belgium, French speaking) It was standing there in a field with no houses nearby. A new article came months later; the car was still there and turnig green as nature started to take her back. Then it was announced this Delorean was the one from Autoworld in Brussels. It is the last I ever heard. No VIN Andy, sorry.
    I said it many times, more Delorean in the Walloons than you think, but there are no contacts, we should meet up with them one day.

Jan
    Would you remember which town it was that you saw it 'turning green'? And what article was that?

I'm curious because I have a few pictures here from a Belgian DeLorean that was for sale in 2008 and the announcement said it was the DeLorean from Autoworld. Never heard from it or seen it since then again ...
    Last edited by Andy; 12-03-2013 at 06:14 AM.

nah, read in on the internet, but at that time I dod not collect those so I do not have it nor do I rmember where I read it.
    What is on the text above is all I know.

Maybe the car was saved and put up for sale. But in the artivle it seemend to be no doubt this was the one.
    I'll dig up those pictures, but they are the printed ones.

Jan

Steering with power

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast