FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Paul Walker passed away today

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

From CNN

Tales of the actor's philanthropy are not new. CNN confirmed one story from a decade ago when Walker noticed a young U.S. military veteran shopping with his fiance for a wedding ring in a Santa Barbara jewelry store.

"The groom was just back from duty in Iraq, and he was going to be deployed again soon and wanted to buy a wedding ring, but he said he just could not afford it," saleswoman Irene King told CNN. "I don't think the soldier realized how expensive those rings are, about $10,000."

Although Walker noticed them, the couple apparently did not know who he was, King said.

"Walker called the manger over and said, 'Put that girl's ring on my tab,' " she said. "Walker left all his billing info, and it was a done deal. The couple was stunned. She was thrilled and could not believe someone did this."

King called it "the most generous thing I have ever seen."
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

I'm glad to see such positive feedback on this. Facebook has been less kind I've always been a fan of his work. It really is sad to see him go, he really did seem like a genuinely awesome dude.
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

Paul Walker passed away today

But yeah, it's still terrible the man died. He had about as much acting chops as Keanu, but I'd never wish a man dead for that.
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 12-01-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    5*9*

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post

But yeah, it's still terrible the man died. He had about as much acting chops as Keanu, but I'd never wish a man dead for that.
    Roger Rodas was a car guy himself, big Saleen collector. Its difficult to think of how early Both of these men were taken so young. They will be missed.
    5*9*

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Seems like every car forum has one or more threads running about this, with endless speculation on cause, responsibility and lawsuits. Just read a lengthy one on Ferrarichat about how difficult a CarreraGT is to drive compared to other supercars. Several owners on there have owned them in the past but sold them on as they were too stressful to enjoy.

Quick history of this particular car, as well as possibly the last photo of PW getting into it at the charity event.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/131209998
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Seems like every car forum has one or more threads running about this, with endless speculation on cause, responsibility and lawsuits. Just read a lengthy one on Ferrarichat about how difficult a CarreraGT is to drive compared to other supercars. Several owners on there have owned them in the past but sold them on as they were too stressful to enjoy.

Quick history of this particular car, as well as possibly the last photo of PW getting into it at the charity event.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/131209998
    Yep, I read through that same thread on F-Chat yesterday. This comment from ttforcefed stood out:

"CGT is one car you don't mess with unless you're amongst the best of the best...Ferraris make you feel like u can do 8/10ths all day and they don't punish you too badly for being a 4/10ths driver...I drive the cgt at 3/10ths and have white knuckles...."
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Im also on a Porsche forum, and the cgt gets a bad wrap even from them. They state it's almost impossible to tame, and very dangerous. There have been several people that have been killed by this car. Even a few lawsuits. Im not saying this couldn't happen with any car, but this particular car has a very bad reputation.
    Last edited by Soundkillr; 12-02-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Soundkillr was here.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

People are just scum sometimes. Now pieces of the crashed CGT are showing up on eBay. Some people actually have the gall to advertise that the auction is for charity...a portion is anyway, probably 5%.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Exclamation Photos of Porsche Carrera GT when it was here in Columbus, OH last year - DeLorean

Below are photos I took last summer of the same exact Carrera GT that perished in the wreck with Walker and Rodas.
    Note the DeLorean/DMC sign in the background. It used to be owned by Indy Car driver, Graham Rahal (met him briefly when he was there, he has roots in Columbus, OH but lives in Indy).
    After I saw this car I fell in love with it; my favorite Porsche. It is a street-legal race car and a handful. Check out the interior and pedals.
    The wheels were changed (or) painted black in Columbus, OH as well before it was sold to the dealer in Florida and then on to California.
    My friend, Addison, did the paint correction and detailing to it before the sale:

Here is the link to the paint correction done by Addison last year, good stuff, check out his cool final photo with a DeLorean in the shot:

http://www.luxury4play.com/detailing...arrera-gt.html

Here are two photos of it at the Bobby Rahal Rally for the Ranch charity car show in Columbus a week later; the last time I saw it:

Glad I take pictures of every cool car I see.....

Hope you enjoy "the other story"...

Josh Q
    Last edited by DeloreanJoshQ; 12-02-2013 at 10:59 PM.

My VIN:    01955

Thanks for sharing the pics Josh.

Great loss Paul was. Too young and wrong circumstances to pass away like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast