FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I've done some research on TAB's

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Just FYI, the 12.9 grade bolts aren't that hard to get ahold of. Last year I walked into a Fastenal location, they ordered me 2, arrived at the store the next day, and I picked them up. It was roughly $5 per bolt. You can also order them online. I just really don't think there's any money to be made in steel trailing arm bolts. Best of luck anyway.

Dave, when can we all place our orders?!
    He is talking about inconel 718!

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Just FYI, the 12.9 grade bolts aren't that hard to get ahold of. Last year I walked into a Fastenal location, they ordered me 2, arrived at the store the next day, and I picked them up. It was roughly $5 per bolt. You can also order them online. I just really don't think there's any money to be made in steel trailing arm bolts. Best of luck anyway.

Dave, when can we all place our orders?!
    I could be misunderstanding here, but I think he's looking to sell Inconel 718 bolts for $25 each, not steel bolts similar to commonly available ones.
    EDIT: Yep, what Levy said.

But that announcement from Dave S. above was pretty major and quite unexpected (in the best way), and might cancel Mike3112's run altogether as he's really just looking for 2 bolts like the rest of us. Looking forward to hearing more about your new bolts, Dave!
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    5628

I'll take a pair

Yes, I'd jump on this wagon as well and take a pair!

Club(s):   (DMA)

price yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Must be Trailing Arm Bolt day!

We'll be selling these I718 Trailing Arm Bolts as of tomorrow at DMC Midwest. We've had a small batch made of Inconel 718, they will come with the nuts. Pricing not yet finalized but will be similar to legacy pricing. We'll announce in a new thread.

Attachment 23495
    Do you have a price for these bolts yet?

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    He is talking about inconel 718!

LEVY
    Oops I read too fast.

Ok yea, I'm definitely on board for the 718 bolts!

My VIN:    891, 1045

Mike, where are you located? You haven't filled out all your info. These bolts can easily fit in USPS flat rate boxes for under $6 with free insurance and tracking via USPS.com. This would make a great fast and easy tech day project and a lot of cars could be done in a short time. I'd be up for that. You could then ship multiple sets to one address too.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

tabs

Obviously I didn't do any research into the shipping aspect of this. If I can throw a pair of these into a box for $6 then that's what we'll do. Assuming the USPS will pick up the boxes at my shop with the regular mail and I don't have to hump down to the Post Office. How would a tech day work? I've never participated in one. I do have a shop here in Fairfax, VA. I MIGHT be persuaded to open it up on a Sunday for a group of owners to do this. We have a drive-on type lift.

My VIN:    891, 1045

Tech days/mod days are pretty simple. You schedule a time to get a bunch of cars together that need work and you get multiple hands in. It's a nice get together, sometimes BBQ or go out to dinner afterwards, maybe even a cruise once all the mods are done. It's a good opportunity for owners to get together away from the car show crowds.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    TBA

Tech Day: sounds like heaven for a would-be owners looking to gather info.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    Tech days/mod days are pretty simple. You schedule a time to get a bunch of cars together that need work and you get multiple hands in. It's a nice get together, sometimes BBQ or go out to dinner afterwards, maybe even a cruise once all the mods are done. It's a good opportunity for owners to get together away from the car show crowds.
    I would be very interested in participating in a Tech Day, even if it's just a pass-me-the-wrench level of help that I could give. At this point, I've only just found out that TAB stands for Trailing Arm Bolt....

I'm in Central Massachusetts, almost up to New Hampshire.

thanks

thanks for all the response to my OP. I never had any desire to go into the business of selling TAB's, I'm not interested in competing with our established vendors, and didn't really want the aggravation of trying to sell 24 pairs of these bolts. All I wanted was a pair of Inconel TAB's for a reasonable price. Although I would have been able to get these bolts for only $16 each in quantity, I'm willing to pay a little more so as to not have to deal with the above issues. I ordered a pair from DMCM and they arrived two days later. Yes they cost me 4 times as much as I could have got them for(in qty) but they came with nuts (sort of generic nylocks but sufficient). I think two of these TABs for $120 is a reasonable price. A higher order qty could reduce that somewhat. I think Inconel TABs are the only way to go. Great peace of mind for such a critical part. Thanks to Dave for some good advice, timely shipping and just being there for us D owners. So thanks for the interest but I will not be selling my own TABs it's just not worth the trouble. Go buy a set from DMCM, the parts are beautifully made, Inconel is an awesome material. Now I can't wait to get them on my car, to see of the odd handling behavior and clunking sound is resolved. Good Luck !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2