FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Videobob's Delorean Time Machine #15 - 1001 Mile car owned by NBA Star Tony Parker

Attention Whore

Videobob's Delorean Time Machine #15 - 1001 Mile car owned by NBA Star Tony Parker

This is my 15th Delorean Time Machine owned by NBA super star Tony Parker with the San Antonio Spurs.
    He bought this car with 600 miles on it and it had 1001 when it rolled into the shop!
    I know I will get some hate about that, but the customer gets what the customer wants!!!

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?84...ghlight=parker

so that's what he is going to do with it
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Very Cool Bob, love the sound effects and all the gagets but ugh.... a 1000 mile car. Look at that beautiful original binnacle that now has something glued to it. Ugh..

Well, on the bright side, my 7,000 mile unrestored car just increased in value.
    Kirk

My VIN:    3937

Nice job on the car, Bob. I'll keep an eye out on TNT or whatever to see if they show it one day after a game. Would love to see if the Big Fundamental can fit in the passenger seat. Maybe Ernie, Kenny and Sir Charles will do a little BTTF reenactment for us?!

Your fog machine in the trunk... does it vent/release a bit of fog while it is being used, or right after it is used? When you lifted the bonnet, it looked like some fog was venting from it in there and was wondering if that might cause some issues over time with any of the electronics mounted in there or the battery pack, etc.?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Attention Whore

Johnathan, Tony is not all that tall. He fits fine.
    I was also talking with Tim Duncan and he is pretty tall!!!
    They were both interested in my cars when they came to see me a month ago.
    I put the fog machine in the front because it needs to have room to cool as well as be accessed easily by the user.
    Fog machines fail a lot so I designed it so that it could be removed in minutes and be replaced easily.
    It also makes it easy to fill. The extra weight from the batteries helps the front end in both stance and handling!
    We also design the system to "bleed" a little bit to add to the effect, a little from under the tires, under the car, etc.
    You have to create a good mixture of air with the fog to get it to move, if you cram it into the pipe without including
    open air it will re-condense back to a liquid.
    For this reason we do add a weep hole on the bottom which will leak a little fluid from time to time, but it's just deionized water
    so it's not harmful.
    After doing 15 cars we have figured out all the tricks!!
    Thanks!!!

Attention Whore

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    Very Cool Bob, love the sound effects and all the gagets but ugh.... a 1000 mile car. Look at that beautiful original binnacle that now has something glued to it. Ugh..

Well, on the bright side, my 7,000 mile unrestored car just increased in value.
    Hey man, I understand... but honestly, miles or no, it's not much different that most of the cars we get.
    After sitting around 30 years these cars all have the same overall look. It's just a number on a dial.
    I remember stopping in to see James Espey and Stephen a few weeks ago and told them about the car,
    "I delivered that car to Tony myself!" James relented... "Such a sad waste of a car!" they said.
    Unfortunately the truth is, without this movie and this version of the car, those guys wouldn't even be in business.
    At least, not on their level, because I believe if not had been for BTTF, the Delorean would be no more known
    than the Bricklin or a 100 other exotic dead cars.
    Almost everyone who has bought one in the last 25 years did so because the movie made them aware of it.
    Yes, I know, a few older guys remember when it came out and wanted one from the original promotion, but the rest of
    us in our 30's and 40's are BTTF fans and our first exposure to the car was the movies.
    As I have said before, out of a possible 9200 cars there are only about 30 Time Machines on the planet.
    This is less than one half of a percent of the total cars made, pretty insignificant, but the impact these cars
    make on the Delorean industry is impactful.
    Every time a fan sees one of these Time Machines and becomes interested in Deloreans, it supports all the vendors
    when that fan goes out buys a Delorean.
    This supports not only the sales of cars and parts but the licensing of the DMC logo and cars image on shirts, toys and collectables.
    All of those BTTF fans who became owners and supported the vendors created a community large enough to support the recreation of
    out of stock parts and the sourcing of things we need.
    All of us as Delorean owners owe a debt of gratitude to the film makers for putting this car on the map and making it immortal though these films.
    So in my opinion, the sacrificing of a low mileage car to build an exquisite Time Machine for a high end celebrity who might get some good air time
    with it will only strengthen the community.
    When another fan sees his car they may seek out information on Deloreans and buy one themselves!!!
    Honestly, that's how I got into it!
    Thanks!!!
    - Bob

Well put VB.

ED

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    H
    As I have said before, out of a possible 9200 cars there are only about 30 Time Machines on the planet.
    This is less than one half of a percent of the total cars made, pretty insignificant, but the impact these cars
    make on the Delorean industry is impactful.

- Bob
    More like 70 cars, but your point is still valid, Bob.

(you and Bruce have done about 30 between you)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

If I was a betting man which I am not.
    I would bet there are around 50 BTTF cars Worldwide.

Just a thought!
    ED:lol:

Attention Whore

Not to start up another flame here, but I have a documented 15 cars.
    Bruce doesn't have any where near that many, he tries to count parts that he sold to people as a "car",
    which doesn't fly in my book. I have a photo album on my facebook of each and every build I have done.
    He refuses to show his. If he can show me separate builds with different VINS and props then maybe I would believe it.
    That said, Danny has done about 4 or 5 I think, Gary has done about 6 I think, there there are all the
    single built versions out there and of course the originals.
    So who knows the exact number?
    My guess it that it's under 50 cars worldwide.
    BTW, I only count it as a 'build" if there was true damage done to the car in the way of drilling holes
    and permanently mounting the props.
    Some double sided tape and a Flux in the back doesn't count in my book!! lol
    Again, by percentage it is an insignificant amount of cars in the grand scheme of things
    and although a few of my builds were on "good" low mileage cars, none of them were of historic significance.
    For instance, I wouldn't do this to a historic car like 502, or the Prototype, etc.
    I do have a certain level of respect for these cars, after all, I am a fan and a 10-Year owner!
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast