FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Videobob's Delorean Time Machine #15 - 1001 Mile car owned by NBA Star Tony Parker

My VIN:    2848

I thought this meme was appropriate for the bttf builders.
    get-that-bitch-a-delorean.jpg
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Oh god! How ridiculous has this thread escalated to who had the biggest shlong!

It ain't worth jack if it's not working!!!!

I have seen all replicas. Bob has some good stuff but a lot of the items sold on his eshop look very poor.

Gary you got my respect! A home builder with skills.

As for columbine, this is what I call a professional prop builder.

Bob, your race to every reality soap opera is not done yet. But I guess each man does what he knows best. Some join the circus and others prefer the corporate image.
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Videobob's Delorean Time Machine #15 - 1001 Mile car owned by NBA Star Tony P...

Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80s View Post
    I thought this meme was appropriate for the bttf builders.
    get-that-bitch-a-delorean.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Oh god! How ridiculous has this thread escalated to who had the biggest shlong?
    Bob wins:

8=====D To the FUTURE!!!
    Last edited by thirdmanj; 02-07-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Ha! You just had to give a visual of issue didn't ya?
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Attention Whore

Tony Parker appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night and Jimmy asked him about his Back to the Future Delorean Time Machine that we built for him late last year!
    Thank you to Jimmy and Tony for your appreciation!!!

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post

Tony Parker appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night and Jimmy asked him about his Back to the Future Delorean Time Machine that we built for him late last year!
    Thank you to Jimmy and Tony for your appreciation!!!
    Right on Bob, that's great!

Remember I spoke to you at DCS for a few minutes and I had basketball questions for you? This is really neat to see. And talk about publicity for the cars!! And not just you alone as a builder (as they didn't mention any DMC community names in particular), but any of the builders.

Imagine if the people out there that have the kind of money an NBA all-star does, or other pro athlete, or perhaps a Hollywood animator/producer type... and they see this sort of thing catch on and realize... "wait a minute, are you telling me it's now okay to actually enjoy the things I always liked and they aren't mocked at being dorky and maybe even actually seen as cool??!!"

"And... are you telling me that I can actually have one of these movie cars for a fraction of the cost of these other cars in my fleet which I drive around and no one really notices or cares??!!"

All I'm getting at is, it might be a good time for you and the other builders to think about cleaning up your public image in case there comes a tipping point and people start flooding in to buy time machine cars. You don't need to spend more than a minute or two on Google to find some pretty ugly bad mouthing of or between the replica guys and if I was running a business such as yours and thought that future buyers might look at who has a good reputation for quality and overall experience, I'd be doing my utmost to not come out looking like bad news.

Any number of blogs or threads might convince someone out there to pick a guy that sounds like he has more happy customers. None of us on here care too much as we've read a lot more on the subject than most of these potential buyers and have our opinions anyway, but you know how people are and they aren't likely going to dig too deep and instead go on their first instinct, right or wrong. Just my two cents anyway. I think your cars and plenty of other builds look great. But some folks out there might not be able to look past other details and it could cost some of you some cash.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Attention Whore

Thanks for the advice.
    I will work on that.

People like Tony Parker don't go on forums like this and could care less.
    He met me at a show and saw my work first hand and wanted it.
    With the exception of this one, latest person who is causing me a problem, most of my customers are usually wealthy enough to handle
    buying the car, maintaining it, etc.
    People like this most recent customer are people who should not be buying something like this if they can't afford it
    and they are going to stress out about the value of old, removed spare parts for a few hundred dollars!
    Tony Parker makes 21 Million a year, I could have given him any price I wanted and he would have paid it.
    But, I gave him the exact same quote that I give everyone and treated him no differently than any of my other customers.
    Like the other dozens of people who have bought cars from me they are all thrilled!

Tony sent me this message today....

Thanks for the advice.
    I will work on that.

People like Tony Parker don't go on forums like this and could care less.
    He met me at a show and saw my work first hand and wanted it.
    With the exception of this one, latest person who is causing me a problem, most of my customers are usually wealthy enough to handle
    buying the car, maintaining it, etc.
    People like this most recent customer are people who should not be buying something like this if they can't afford it
    and they are going to stress out about the value of old, removed spare parts for a few hundred dollars!
    Tony Parker makes 21 Million a year, I could have given him any price I wanted and he would have paid it.
    But, I gave him the exact same quote that I give everyone and treated him no differently than any of my other customers.
    Like the other dozens of people who have bought cars from me they are all thrilled!

Tony sent me this message today....

Ghod you're so cool!! Look at you text in' with the stars. How's it feel? Is it growing? It's growing isn't it? Eeeeyup, it's just swelling, huh?
    1-800-273-8255

Attention Whore

Actually, Tony is just a friend of mine and also a customer, who happens to play basketball for a living.
    I have never watched one of his games or any other NBA game actually.
    But when one of my friends and customers is doing something positive in his life and needs my help, I am there for him.
    So when the Jimmy Kimmel show called me yesterday to ask permission to use photos of the car from my website, I told them that they could.
    It helped him with his segment, and he texted me to say thanks!
    being as though other people like this fellow at the DCS show took the time to talk to me about how exited he was to know Tony was a Delorean owner
    I thought he would enjoy the exchange.
    That's what this is really about, Tony is one of us!
    He is a fan of the Delorean and Back to the Future.

So, stop being a dick.

Actually, Tony is just a friend of mine and also a customer, who happens to play basketball for a living.
    I have never watched one of his games or any other NBA game actually.
    But when one of my friends and customers is doing something positive in his life and needs my help, I am there for him.
    So when the Jimmy Kimmel show called me yesterday to ask permission to use photos of the car from my website, I told them that they could.
    It helped him with his segment, and he texted me to say thanks!
    being as though other people like this fellow at the DCS show took the time to talk to me about how exited he was to know Tony was a Delorean owner
    I thought he would enjoy the exchange.
    That's what this is really about, Tony is one of us!
    He is a fan of the Delorean and Back to the Future.

So, stop being a dick.
    You wound me, sir.

Can't a fan express his admiration?
    1-800-273-8255

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast