FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Videobob's Delorean Time Machine #15 - 1001 Mile car owned by NBA Star Tony Parker

Attention Whore

ATTN MODS:
    Is there any sort of a TROLL policy here?
    This guy, http://dmctalk.org/search.php?searchid=1442365
    Doesn't own a Delorean and doesn't really talk about them, he just comes here to TROLL.
    Look at his posts, none of them are Delorean related, he's just a jerk, for no reason what so ever.
    People like him ruin the value of a site like this!!!
    Get rid of this flea already.

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    ATTN MODS:
    Doesn't own a Delorean and doesn't really talk about them, he just comes here to TROLL.
    Look at his posts, none of them are Delorean related, he's just a jerk, for no reason what so ever.
    Oh you.
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    5482

Thanks for the advice.
    I will work on that.

People like Tony Parker don't go on forums like this and could care less.
    He met me at a show and saw my work first hand and wanted it.
    With the exception of this one, latest person who is causing me a problem, most of my customers are usually wealthy enough to handle
    buying the car, maintaining it, etc.
    People like this most recent customer are people who should not be buying something like this if they can't afford it
    and they are going to stress out about the value of old, removed spare parts for a few hundred dollars!
    Tony Parker makes 21 Million a year, I could have given him any price I wanted and he would have paid it.
    But, I gave him the exact same quote that I give everyone and treated him no differently than any of my other customers.
    Like the other dozens of people who have bought cars from me they are all thrilled!

Tony sent me this message today....

This is the most nauseating example of vanity, self-righteousness and bullshit I have come across in a long time. I had to towel myself off from all the shit after reading this.

So your point here is you really only like to deal with the top 1% and because they don't keep tabs on a few hundred bucks worth of "stuff" while you do with it what you want. Maybe your business can get by with this mentality but the real world doesn't work that way.

Jeff

My VIN:    3299

ATTN MODS:
    Click on your link - no match found. Who was it, VB?
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Banned

My VIN:    1798

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    Click on your link - no match found. Who was it, VB?
    The ghost of Earl Hickey maybe

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    This is the most nauseating example of vanity, self-righteousness and bullshit I have come across in a long time. I had to towel myself off from all the shit after reading this.

So your point here is you really only like to deal with the top 1% and because they don't keep tabs on a few hundred bucks worth of "stuff" while you do with it what you want. Maybe your business can get by with this mentality but the real world doesn't work that way.

I don't agree with this nor think it's very fair to post it on Bob's thread. And it's nothing about Jeff in particular.

Not that this one example prompts me to say this (as there are pages of them unfortunately on the forum in many subjects), but maybe we need a "rule" about being pleasant that's similar to the for sale rules. If you don't have a comment or question about buying the poster's car, then don't leave your opinions in that person's thread.

If we need to call it the "troll rule/Golden rule" for threads in general, if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it. Not that everyone has to agree on every subject and we can't debate or discuss things, but for the posts that are just more or less negative with no real purpose, we could all probably get along better without them.

From some of the owners or friends I know more personally than strictly online, most that don't use the forum much anymore have decided that because it's too often not pleasant here. I don't think it's a "need thick skin" requirement here as you shouldn't need to have that to come looking for information or ideas. For some people that negative flavor is enough for them to leave and not come back, which sucks for all of us.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I don't agree with this nor think it's very fair to post it on Bob's thread. And it's nothing about Jeff in particular.

Not that this one example prompts me to say this (as there are pages of them unfortunately on the forum in many subjects), but maybe we need a "rule" about being pleasant that's similar to the for sale rules. If you don't have a comment or question about buying the poster's car, then don't leave your opinions in that person's thread.

If we need to call it the "troll rule/Golden rule" for threads in general, if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it. Not that everyone has to agree on every subject and we can't debate or discuss things, but for the posts that are just more or less negative with no real purpose, we could all probably get along better without them.

From some of the owners or friends I know more personally than strictly online, most that don't use the forum much anymore have decided that because it's too often not pleasant here. I don't think it's a "need thick skin" requirement here as you shouldn't need to have that to come looking for information or ideas. For some people that negative flavor is enough for them to leave and not come back, which sucks for all of us.
    Sorry. I usually try to refrain but this one just hit me wrong.

But IMO if you post something on a forum where different opinions are shared then it can't be sunshine and cookies all the time right? Otherwise this would be a pretty boring forum.

I'm not trying to start crap here and I did refrain from the Adam vs VideoBob thread. I've got no iron in either fire and I plan to keep it that way.
    Last edited by OverlandMan; 06-23-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    Jeff

My VIN:    3060

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

What? The Internet is mean? You don't say... You can't make an "always be nice" rule. That's not how life works. People have different personalities and communication styles. That's what makes a diverse marketplace of ideas.

And it's doubly interesting that you say this in defense of Bob who is one of the worst offenders around here of being vicious, insulting, and aggressive in his attacks.

Attention Whore

I admit, the entire thread was to brag...
    I was so proud of the fact that I built this car for such a prominent celebrity and I just wanted to show it off is all.
    It's cool to know that Tony is both a Delorean fan and owner as well as a Back to the Future fan.
    Being that he is a role model, a lot of his fans will be interested to know about it.

I have a weird life and I have a lot of amazing friends.
    For those that support me I appreciate you!
    I can't control how the others feel about me, sorry.

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    What? The Internet is mean? You don't say... You can't make an "always be nice" rule. That's not how life works. People have different personalities and communication styles. That's what makes a diverse marketplace of ideas.

And it's doubly interesting that you say this in defense of Bob who is one of the worst offenders around here of being vicious, insulting, and aggressive in his attacks.
    Hey, no question the world/Internet is a cruel place or mean or whatever. I just don't think having an opinion or differing personalities or communication styles is a reason to allow people to be dicks to each other. No one was saying we all have to agree on every idea or be best buddies right across the board. My intention was to propose a be civil with each other or expect to be asked to leave environment. Yes the internet is sort of the wild west with no rules and you can do whatever you want, but there are limits. If you were sitting in a town hall meeting or congress or whatever there are ways you can communicate and ways you can't. You can still voice your opinion and get your message across without being childish or crass about it.

I don't know Bob much better than many of the people on here. He's no saint and neither am I nor you. I can see that there are times we are all at fault for stirring something up and other times you weren't given a chance because something happening elsewhere was brought up into a different discussion. If defending Bob because I thought he was getting unnecessarily shat on is how it came across to you, then so be it, guilty as charged. Much of it turns into just a form of playground bullying with a mob mentality and I'll always stick up for someone getting picked on. Advice I heard a while back from someone on here that appears easy to see but often hard to adhere to, is that you are never going to win an argument in an internet forum. Yet we all continue to try now and again. That's the piece about it coming across like a bullying mob to me that more than anything is why I think people stop coming here.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast