FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 101 Cars You Must Drive

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

101 Cars You Must Drive

Not sure if I/anyone has posted this, but here's a link to a segment of "101 Cars You Must Drive" featuring my Delorean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oebVJxceP-g

It was filmed a few years ago in Azuza, CA. Fun day.

Enjoy!

- Geoff

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I remember watching that some years ago. Nice piece. I will always remember the line "You make a few sacrifices to look this cool"
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

I've seen that! Cool that it's your car! It's a pretty positive little puff piece of the DeLorean.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    3305

best line: "look ma', I'm a yuppie!"

My VIN:    3937

Nice! I hadn't seen that before. That guy had tons of great lines, lol! Love the one about collector items are for museums... you got a DeLorean, drive it!!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    16882.

101 Cars You Must Drive

Nice video, thanks for posting it! The host said (paraphrasing) 'if you take it through the car wash, you'll get soaked because the gull-wing doors leak.' Is this true? Anyone ever experience this? I've always assumed a car wash would be bad for the rear louvers so I don't plan on doing it anyway.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie View Post
    Nice video, thanks for posting it! The host said (paraphrasing) 'if you take it through the car wash, you'll get soaked because the gull-wing doors leak.' Is this true? Anyone ever experience this? I've always assumed a car wash would be bad for the rear louvers so I don't plan on doing it anyway.
    I'm sure there are stories about the doors leaking, especially on early cars that didn't go through QAC. Mine have never leaked and the only time I got caught in the rain was a true test...an extremely heavy downpour the likes of which I had never seen. If you knew how anal I am about my car and to get caught in this kind of downpour was just killing me, especially since I was only a half mile from my house. It was raining so hard I had to pull into a parking lot and wait it out....no leaks.

If you have proper door seals that are not deteriorating and everything aligned properly, then no. No leaking.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    6585

Early cars were assembled where the doors were installed last and were adjusted to fit the body panels proper, rather than the underbody. So yes, not all of them sealed properly. The change was made so that the doors were installed first and fitted to seal against the underbody properly, and the subsequent body panels were installed to adjust to them. So it's so-so true statement, but only about some of the early ones. Aside from a clogged plenum drain and rotten seals that had to be addressed first, I never had an issue with going through a car wash, rain, or snow.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    1710

My '82 "leaked" until I learned about trimming back the excess headliner material folded underneath the door seals. So technically, the car never leaked... the headliners just wicked up water.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    So technically, the car never leaked... the headliners just wicked up water.
    Warning...bad pun ahead!! So, technically, if they are wicked up leaks, they can be considered Wiki Leaks?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast