FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Videobob's Time Machine #14 - The Shop Car Masterpeice!

Attention Whore

Videobob's Time Machine #14 - The Shop Car Masterpeice!

The story of this car is and will be amazing.
    I know I recently posted the completion of car number 15, but we were working on this car before that one so it remains number 14.

So here it goes....

This Delorean starting it's first life as a "Time Machine" in the hands of Charles Kline in Colorado, who made some contributions to the BTTF fan community and did some basic mods to the car but never really finished it.....Then he sold it to another well known person in the BTTF fan world, collector Charles Bocock

Here is Charles Bocock,hoverboarding next to the car at the "We're Going Back" event.
    Charles drove the car from Chicago to LA and outfited the car with some key Time Machine parts and modifications, although not complete, it would still pretty cool!

This car was temporarily outfitted with some special parts by the "Time Machine Restoration Team" such as a replica of the hood box and specially made "train wheels" so the car could recreate the ending scene in BTTF-III when the Delorean rolls down the train tracks in Oxnard, before the train hit it of course!!!

These were the custom train track wheels put on the car for the stunt...

Event organizer and TMR member Ken Kapalowski loads the car onto the train tracks....

Custom fabricated hood with replica 1955 circuit box installed for the stunt and photo shoot...

...more parts being added for the stunt.

Ken Kapalowski gets into the action!!!

once off the tracks... the story of this car pretty much ends there, for a little while anyway.

Without going into details, Charles made some serious life changing mistakes that landed him in a little trouble. This shocked his friends, family and unsuspecting wife. Charles has been jailed for an undetermined amount of time and has been forced to liquidate some of his assets.
    I purchased the car along with a large portion of his collection of BTTF items.
    The new story starts here.....

This is the car loaded into the trailer after being picked up in Chicago along with a lot of other items.

Here is the car in our shop getting ready for it transformation....

The front and rear fascias have been replaced as well as many other cosmetic items to make the car as perfect as can be!

This is an electronic item that is pretty hard to find, we usually use a replica of this but this is a real one and it's going in this car!

This is one of those overlooked and most likely never seen parts by anyone watching the film, but it's on the car. Only a few of them have ever been found. This one is going on this car.

This is another rare and expensive aircraft part, usually replicated or substituted, this is going on the car.

This might look like just a box of hoses, but these are some incredibly rare and hard to find hoses and connectors that will make this car one notch above all the others we have ever built.

This simple metal box is a rare and valuable enclosure of an almost impossible to find power supply. Only a few of them have ever been found. This is going in this car.

This is the real version of a part we have been replicating for years. Once plentiful but now rare as hen's teeth!!! It goes in the car to the left of the Flux Capacitor.

These markings inside the door panel are known to Delorean fans as "Cave Paintings", these markings were made by the people who assembled the car.

I sprayed liquid rubber inside the door panel to insulate it and also to create a sound barrier and to deaden outside noise.

On top of the rubber I added silver bubble wrap insulation for more sound proofing and heat / cold protection.

Unlike our other replicas, this unit has real glass relays along with the correct positioned relay bases. This is one of the most accurate Flux Capacitors ever built.

This is the genuine enclosure with real connectors, not the usual resin replicas we usually use.

Flux Dispersal!!!

These are the black boxes that go on the dash binnacle. Usually these are cast in resin on our other cars. These are machined aluminum bottoms with custom stamped aluminum louvered tops. The electronics inside are just mocked up for visual effect.

The photos on the top show the original relay banks inside the screen used Time Machine at Universal Studios.
    Below the photos are our replicas, done almost exactly.

Interior of the rear window replacement, sealed with spray rubber and silver foil bubble insulation material. The exterior of the plates were sealed with silver aluminum silicone caulk.

back side of the interior rear bulkhead lined with silver bubble insulation.

Interior bulkhead coming together!

This detailed replica of this heatsink on the back panel is one of the best we have ever done!

This is the Janitrol heater unit stripped down and mounted on the back.

This is where we are on this build as of now.
    The work stopped here so we could build and finish car #15 for Tony Parker which we did in less than 2 weeks!
    We will resume the work on this car at the beginning of the new year of 2014.
    Attached Images

VB
    Awesome!

ED

Time Machine

Looks as good as mine Good Job!!!

Attention Whore

some updates...

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    some updates...

Holy crap man! That is awesome! This is definitely the most impressive time machine I've ever seen! Is this one going to be at DCS?

My VIN:    3299

Fricking awesome, Bob. That smile at the end says it all. You know you're the man - great stuff!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Attention Whore

Just like the real screen used car, we have the easily adaptable Mr.Fusion Home Energy Reactor that simply attaches to the top of the Plutonium Chamber...
    Check it out...

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    Just like the real screen used car, we have the easily adaptable Mr.Fusion Home Energy Reactor that simply attaches to the top of the Plutonium Chamber...
    Check it out...

That's pretty awesome! I love it

Attention Whore

My car, 1st Place Winner for Best Delorean Time Machine at the 2014 Delorean Car show! Judged by cast members from BTTF and Delorean Motor Company Quality Assurance members. My "competition" came in 3rd. The judge told me that "it wasn't even close, my car wasn't even fair, it was so dead on and impressive I should have won 1st, 2nd and 3rd but they could only give me one trophy".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast