FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moving today

My VIN:    891, 1045

Yes, give us pics or it didn't happen! A photo documentary of a road trip is a must...although I just failed at that with the 700 mile drive bringing 1729 home.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by NightFlyer View Post
    So did you make it to Henderson?

Are you pulling a trailer with the Stang?
    No, I decided not to mess with a trailer, I found a company willing to ship the bike for $650 and yes, I made it here safely around 10pm, I made up for lost time by speeding through 3 states.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-co94 View Post
    Yes, give us pics or it didn't happen! A photo documentary of a road trip is a must...although I just failed at that with the 700 mile drive bringing 1729 home.
    There are so many things I wish I could have taken pictures of, but I don't have a camera. The camera I had been using wasn't mine, so I couldn't bring it. I hope to meet some local owners and finally get to see a DeLorean up close and in person.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Legion View Post
    I hope to meet some local owners and finally get to see a DeLorean up close and in person.
    You just missed a big, annual Vegas event in October.

www.deloreanweekend.com - for DeLorean and BTTF fans.

Get in contact with Bob, Gail or Ryan Brandys. (Hosts)

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

That mus be an interesting ride.
    I did a 1400 Kilometer drive with one refueling stop, from Germany to Italy, last week.
    Doable but pretty hard to double that like in your case. It all comes down to weather conditions. For example, I had 470kilometers of thick fog that killed my eyes in the night.

Have a safe drive and DO give us some images!
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    You just missed a big, annual Vegas event in October.

www.deloreanweekend.com - for DeLorean and BTTF fans.

Get in contact with Bob, Gail or Ryan Brandys. (Hosts)
    Thats too bad, but I'll try to contact them, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    That mus be an interesting ride.
    I did a 1400 Kilometer drive with one refueling stop, from Germany to Italy, last week.
    Doable but pretty hard to double that like in your case. It all comes down to weather conditions. For example, I had 470kilometers of thick fog that killed my eyes in the night.

Have a safe drive and DO give us some images!
    http://mapq.st/1g1RGqQ

I already made the trip, I'd have killed for fog, but I had ice and lots of salt and dirt, I cleaned a little bit off my car, but if I can find a camera, I'll take a picture of just how dirt my car is. I didn't have a camera for the trip and I wish I did.

Oh, does anyone know if I need a smog check before I can get my license plates in Clark county Nevada or since I moved from out of state that I can just get my plates and have a certain amount of time to get the smog check or do I need the smog check first? I'm not sure what needs to be done inspection wise here since the part of Virginia I was in had no emissions testing and just checked lights and tires basically.
    Last edited by Roman Legion; 12-25-2013 at 04:50 PM.

My VIN:    891, 1045

I'm guessing that you have to get the car tested before getting it registered. That's what I've seen in other places.

So do you have a cell phone? I've had a phone with a camera since 2006.
    -James . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." ~ H.P.G.

My VIN:    6585

Urban Clark County is subject to emissions testing, so any Smog Hut or other place can do it for you. 2-Speed Tailpipe test for vehicles between 1968-1995. 1996 & Newer just have their ODB-II computers interface with the computer and you're done.

Out of State Vehicles will have an additional one-time only VIN inspection by a state official, which are available at any of the Full Service DMVs. You will also need proof of Nevada insurance as well all of this must be completed before registration, and you still need to bring your old plates, registration, title, etc. You will have 30 days to obtain your new license and register your vehicle.

Nevada DMV New Resident Guide.

In Henderson, your closest office is down on American Pacific. Get there as early as possible, and since you've got so much to take care of (your new license too), they'll probably queue you into the "I" line which handles multiple items and actually goes faster. Renewals are so much easier. You get your notice, you smog your car, and then either go to a kiosk or just login online and do everything that way. You never have to go back to the DMV again.

Welcome to Nevada!

Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Hey good to know you got that behind you. Yes ice is a shitty situation especially at a clear night sky.

Looking forward to your images.

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse typos etc
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2