FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: #5096 restoration

Club(s):   (DCF)

So tonight I decided I could not put this thing together without cleaning it up so I pulled it all apart and found some cool things down there.

As an additional option, Sam wanted the wires cleaned up and simplified so I started to rework the harness.

Here is all the alternator wires shortened and rerouted, I cut out about 3 feet of extra wire out.

Little sneak of the intake manifold with recently finished fuel rail for my VR6 350Z.....

My VIN:    5096

I see you found my silicone patch for the deep pits in the engine along with the hoses to avoid the rusty pipe that the cars get. Of course some wasps apparently thought it was a nice home too.

My VIN:    3299

Wow, that is crazy! Never seen a wasp's nest under the intake before.

The silicone hose route is a great alternative. Back in 2004, before the water return pipe was available, that's exactly what we did as wel. Had no issues for a nearly solid 9 years!

Great stuff, Eddie!
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

The "best" I've found under the manifold was a snake skeleton that had a mouse skeleton inside of it.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Quote Originally Posted by opethmike View Post
    The "best" I've found under the manifold was a snake skeleton that had a mouse skeleton inside of it.
    Now that is a real KINDER Surprise:P

Awesome intake manifold! looking forward to your final outcome!!
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Starting to assemble my AC, gotta dig through all of my various bins for the parts

http://imgur.com/a/jG8eX#51

Have a broken piece that I have to repair and still collecting my pieces.

I noticed your flaps are spongeless. Did you clean them of it or were they like that?
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

I cleaned them as they were extremely rusted and the rats had eaten some of the padding too. I have almost all of my AC parts. I'm attempting to locate a plastic bag, that I pray isn't lost between the 3 moves I did, that contains 2 clips and one of the flap connections. All part of my fun from rats living in the AC box.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    I cleaned them as they were extremely rusted and the rats had eaten some of the padding too. I have almost all of my AC parts. I'm attempting to locate a plastic bag, that I pray isn't lost between the 3 moves I did, that contains 2 clips and one of the flap connections. All part of my fun from rats living in the AC box.
    perfect rat apparent if you ask me

Club(s):   (DCF)

I got Sam's car up on the lift tonight and spend a few hours carefully pulling the exhaust and manifolds off. Two studs were already broken off on the passengers side and only one broke off on the drivers side trying to get it off. I was able to get that one out and plan to tackle the two on the other side tomorrow. I'm going to sandblast the manifolds, resurface the gasket surface and then ceramic paint them before they go back on with the new gasket and stainless stud kits.

I have a suspicion these same studs are broken on Sherry's cars as the leak was in the same place and the same stud is missing right next to the alternator.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast