FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Day

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Tech Day

Just curious if the local metro Atlanta DeLorean owners have managed to make any plans for a tech day in the coming months. There was talk about trying to get Josh at DPI to come down and help us with our cars. Has anything ever come of that?

I'd really like to get my DPI exhaust installed, and he's the man to do it. (I'm assuming I will manage to have my brakes fixed by the time this happens.)
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

I thought about trying to plan something, but decided to head everyone off at the pass, and go ahead and cancel it.
    I'm in for something if anyone wants to try to get together. Ill sort of echo what you wrote: Anyone have word on what happened with dpi?
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    5302

I'll take the blame for the November-ish event not happening with DPI. Stuff gets so busy at that time of year that even my own enthusiasm dwindled and I figured it would be hard for us to nail something down so quickly that would work for everyone who wants Josh to work on their car, also it seems like Josh wants to plan ahead at least a couple of months. Last time we exchanged email he was interested and agreeable, we just need to decide on a time and give him a specific list of work to be done.
    Should we plan this for spring? Or are you guys really itching....
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Oh I'm not knocking you! We all knew this was a maybe thing. That said, I'm good with a spring day if josh can sure enough make it down. Has he expressed interest for the 14 year? The only thing I really have on my list is the fuel pump, which I can knock out in a hour or two, which would leave me available to help others with their projects. I *would be* interested in a regrain if he offers that service, price permitting. So we should enquire about that. I know several who would be interested in this....
    I may also be up for a clutch (just because) if he has time/resources.

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    I'll take the blame for the November-ish event not happening with DPI. Stuff gets so busy at that time of year that even my own enthusiasm dwindled and I figured it would be hard for us to nail something down so quickly that would work for everyone who wants Josh to work on their car, also it seems like Josh wants to plan ahead at least a couple of months. Last time we exchanged email he was interested and agreeable, we just need to decide on a time and give him a specific list of work to be done.
    Should we plan this for spring? Or are you guys really itching....
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    5302

No worries, no offense taken at all. I think we were all kinda maybe-ish on it, which furthered me putting it off 'til after the busy holiday season. I'm just glad you guys are still interested in having this happen.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Interested
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    16893

Josh, what kinds of things could you do while you are here in the time that you would have?

I'm obviously interested in getting my exhaust fitted, as well as some poking around my engine to make sure everything looks good.

I honestly don't know if replacing my 2nd gear roll pin is within the scope of a tech day (I SERIOUSLY doubt it), but if it is that's something I need doing as well.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    6524 & 1988 Lotus Esprit. Previously 10801 & 3772.

Chris, If its a day that I can make it down there, I can help you put your exhaust system on. Ive done a few already. second gear roll pin won't be happening in a day. transmission has to be out of the car and case split open.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikercmbc View Post
    second gear roll pin won't be happening in a day. transmission has to be out of the car and case split open.
    Yeah, I figured as much.

So guys, maybe we should try and pin down a date. Let's shoot for the middle of May?
    - Chris

what

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast