FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Price increase

My VIN:    03572

Price increase

This year I lost $2200 with my DM_eng business. Granted this year took much more expense setting up a home assembly line and buying equipment. The business has never really been profitable but was used to fund my R&D expenses. It was not a big deal when I was employed and earning a good yearly income but now I can not afford that kind of loss again.

So I have decided to do a 10% price increase on my products. I hope this increase will prevent any loss in the following years but I still will need to minimize my R&D expenses.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6313

Your R&D is always interesting to read about and eventually install into the car. The A/C panel lights were brilliantly done. Thanks.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

price increase

Dave M's customer service is right up there with Dave S's.

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

A modest increase for innovative, unique, and modern parts that contribute to increase the reliability of our 30+ year old cars.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Dave,

Many of your products are a sound, much needed and reliable one-time investment in Delorean ownership.

Your RPM relay is a no brainier, and I look forward to a modern idle ECU and fan fail update down the road.

I think it's safe to say your products, research and advice in the community is worth it's weight in gold.

I'm glad your new prices will reflect your true value.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    3299

I'll gladly pay it when the time comes for the A/C panel.
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    05457

I'd also like to chime in that a modest price increase like this is understandable and don't see it causing problems. I have been VERY happy with your RPM and Fan Fail relays I am running and could recommend them to others at twice the current price.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    6679

Sheer laziness has been the reason I hadn't yet ordered the A/C panel yet after so closely watching its development all year and, ironically, I was finally going to do it this morning to add it to my heavily DM-ENG equipped baby. Darn, snooze ya loose
    Chris

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Sheer laziness has been the reason I hadn't yet ordered the A/C panel yet after so closely watching its development all year and, ironically, I was finally going to do it this morning to add it to my heavily DM-ENG equipped baby. Darn, snooze ya loose
    What's ta lose? It's a $10 increase. That's a bucket-a-popcorn at the local cinema
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3757

ok....

As a business owner... It is not personal, just business... you need to turn a profit... after a loss... 10% will only help if you grossed over $22,000 last year. You have a small market of decated people... you need to set the price where it needs to be. If the price was up 20% my bet is, you will sell the same number of product... WE ALL LOVE WHAT YOU DO!

Craig

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast