Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Delorean owner interviewed "Classically Obsessed"

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Delorean owner interviewed "Classically Obsessed"

It's the 2nd interview.

My VIN:    2848

That was brutal. Where do they find all these Delorean owners who don't know anything?
    -Alex
    We work jobs we hate, to buy shit we don't need, to impress people we don't even like.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally 80s View Post
    That was brutal. Where do they find all these Delorean owners who don't know anything?
    Agreed.

If I had dollar for everytime I got that, I could buy one of those new DeLoreans from Texas!
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    Agreed.

If I had dollar for everytime I got that, I could buy one of those new DeLoreans from Texas!
    Yep - quite a beating to watch.
    Jeff

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

The video proves that not everyone who owns a DeLorean is an authority on them or the history. I'm not saying that to be negative or disrespectful. Some people just like them and enjoy owning them and really don't care to spend their time devouring the history behind the car...maybe they have more important things to do like spend time with their family or work, or pursue other interests they deem more important. however, if I knew that I had a interview for a spot like this, I would have brushed up on my history a bit more.

That interview wasn't the painful part...it was the tired tired tired overplayed BTTF jokes. Can't anyone do a DeLorean report without trying to be a comedian? It's not funny, it's really sad. It's almost like some bland office coworker trying to be funny by saying overused jokes like "sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays" or "are you working hard or hardly working?"...things that weren't even close to humorous when they were new. Now they just make you sick to your stomach when someone says them...BTTF jokes are just like that.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The video proves that not everyone who owns a DeLorean is an authority on them or the history. I'm not saying that to be negative or disrespectful. Some people just like them and enjoy owning them and really don't care to spend their time devouring the history behind the car...maybe they have more important things to do like spend time with their family or work, or pursue other interests they deem more important. however, if I knew that I had a interview for a spot like this, I would have brushed up on my history a bit more.

That interview wasn't the painful part...it was the tired tired tired overplayed BTTF jokes. Can't anyone do a DeLorean report without trying to be a comedian? It's not funny, it's really sad. It's almost like some bland office coworker trying to be funny by saying overused jokes like "sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays" or "are you working hard or hardly working?"...things that weren't even close to humorous when they were new. Now they just make you sick to your stomach when someone says them...BTTF jokes are just like that.
    Agreed. The part I actually liked about it was that the owner didn't seem that interested in talking about BTTF. But, the host, what a pain in the ass he was.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

formerly known as Buckshot

My VIN:    Currently 10231 Formerly 3991

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

The best part about the BTTF jokes is that the person saying the joke truly believes they are the first one to say it. That they are that original and the expectation that you, the receiver of the joke, should be blow away by the clinic of comedy being displayed.

My VIN:    3937

I think this pretty much sums up how it feels to keep hearing the same old jokes over and over again.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I think this pretty much sums up how it feels to keep hearing the same old jokes over and over again.

well done.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Awesome!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast