FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Coldest Temperatures

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Coldest Temperatures

Stealing an idea from Jalopnik yesterday, post your coldest ambient temperature of the past couple of days - photo proof only, preferably your cars temp gauge

For me, it was +7F this morning (Schools closed as it is too cold to wait for the bus, apparently)
    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3937

Haha, I'll play. Although I will need to get back to you on the outside temp gauge from the car as there is a wee bit of snowblowing to do before I could go anywhere. Oh, and they would need to reopen the highways also as everything in the ENTIRE county is now closed, i.e. no insurance/illegal for you to be out driving in it or past a barrier. Looks like another indoor day of activities to me!!

ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 07 09.58.jpgScreenHunter_02 Jan. 07 09.58.jpgScreenHunter_03 Jan. 07 10.00.jpg

And for anyone keeping score at home, that image from the Weather Network warnings page that mentions a wind chill of as low as -40 degrees... -40 is where Celsius meets Farenheit. -40 C = -40 F... which also equals FRIGGIN' COLD!!!! I'm not exaggerating by saying that if I were to decide to walk down the street to get my mail (which would be pointless because it wouldn't have been delivered) I would be putting my life in jeopardy.

I'll see about taking some pictures from my front windows but it might not turn out well because I can't see the neighbor's house on the other side of the street!!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6125

In the past few weeks we've been seeing double digit temps below zero. I start my commute in the morning at around 6:00 so it's usually about as cold as it's going to get just prior to sunrise.

I didn't take any pics in the past few days but yesterday it was -26F and today it was -22F. With the 25mph winds we've been seeing that puts the wind chill at -60F

Here's a photo from about a week ago when it was -13.
    Last edited by Mark D; 01-07-2014 at 10:45 AM.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

So me in Atlanta is about the same air temperature as Jonathan in Ontario. Awesome. Wind chill this morning was about -7F (-21C)

But it's bright and sunny and I'm sitting in work.

Car sat out all night and started right up and drove here without any problems (a little harsh on the suspension, and the TPMS doesn't like the cold air). Pretty impressive that we just take that as granted.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

I don't have photo evidence, but last Friday the wind chill was around -40 F.

My VIN:    06960

Working at a school district, I get the days off when the governor of the state calls off school due to the cold. That was yesterday, and today the district itself called it off. We don't cancel school for 7º weather, but we do for -20º with -60º wind chills. Though I do understand those in Atlanta probably dont have as warm of winter gear as we do in MN.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Stealing an idea from Jalopnik yesterday, post your coldest ambient temperature of the past couple of days - photo proof only, preferably your cars temp gauge
    Taken after arriving at work yesterday morning, to work an 11am - 7pm shift.

-14_degrees.JPG

It seemed much colder earlier in the morning (about -18 degrees) and 25 mph winds (wind chill about -50).
    Last edited by Rich W; 01-07-2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: added wind speed

My VIN:    5180

Currently 0℉ outside and 14℉ show on our DD car in the garage. My D is parked next to it.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

- 11 deg. F.

This morning @ Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station!

-11 Deg. F.

AMUNDSEN-SCOTT SOUTH POLE.jpg

(I wasn't there! )

LEVY
    I would work extra hard at whatever I was doing to become so good at it and that I would never have to kiss anyone's fanny to keep my job. And I never have and I never will.

John Z. De Lorean

My VIN:    5180

Quote Originally Posted by LEVY View Post
    This morning @ Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station!

-11 Deg. F.

AMUNDSEN-SCOTT SOUTH POLE.jpg

(I wasn't there! )

LEVY
    And it's 3 weeks into SUMMER!
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast