FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Strange Right Blinker Malfunctiion

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Strange Right Blinker Malfunctiion

A few seeks back I noticed my right front blinker would not flash brightly when the headlights were on it would barely glow, the rear worked fine, interior indicator too. Since then it has gotten worse, it went to glowing in the front, and nothing in the rear with light on, however glowing front and working rear lights off.

Now with lights on or off I have no right signal in the rear , just a dim glowing flash on the front but from inside the car the indicator works fine and always flashes normal speed, not fast like a bulb is out.

Replaced the 1157 bulbs in front swapped bulbs L to R front and rear, Installled new front signal housings and pigtail harnesses, all fuse are fine. Left turn signals have always worked fine. Ideas? shorted wire somewhere because the flasher still has a normal load and flashes at normal speed?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Check the rear circuit board contacts and the BH connection for cleanliness.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 01-11-2014 at 06:40 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Removed the black plug, Found moderate corrosion, pretty similar to all the connectors in this car, gave it a good cleaning with QT contact cleaner and a brass brush with the power disconnected. Reinstalled plug, Left signal works fine still. Fuse blows when Right signal is on. Removed plug again, front signals work fine ( but flash fast) no blown fuse. I bet unplugging and reinstalling the harness that last time upset a bad wire enough to short even more.

So I have a short in the real light harness. I have new nylon sheathing coming so I will unwrap the harness and inspect every inch of wire fix the issue, test and wrap in the new sheathing. Ill report what I find. Thanks!

My VIN:    03572

I had the fuse blow on my car so the right side lights did not work. Not sure if the signals were flakey but I have all LEDs. That short turned out to be in the harness running under the center console. Try backing the two screws out of your shifter plate and see if your short goes away. Now I'm careful to make sure my harness (under the console) is properly positioned running on the sides.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/