FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Bought Myself a GoPro for Christmas

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Bought Myself a GoPro for Christmas

After reading a couple of posts about the GoPro camera I decided to get one for myself. Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me... When I get some time at home I'll take a video from the DeLorean. I want to hook up a external microphone and leave the video running while it's parked. I want to see and hear the reaction.

Read the whole post before viewing the video. The good part is in the last paragraph.

I took my family on a Disney cruise to the Bahamas for their Christmas present. I never got a chance to play with the camera or even read the instructions before we left.

I shot video while snorkeling, bicycling, and riding the Flume on the ship. I was really impressed with the quality. This is the same camera that professionals use in a lot TV shows. If you are watching something like Mythbusters you can catch the camera in some of the shots. I played it on my 46 inch HD TV and it's as good as a TV show.

I uploaded one of the videos, so you can see the quality. One of the fish there is called a Blue Head Wrasse (Look I got to use my college degree). They are a “Cleaner Fish” when other fish swim up to them they will bite off parasites, etc. Everything is smooth till 1:11. That’s when the Wrasse thought my nipple was a parasite. You will see the video jump around and then you can see the culprit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9vNjirn9wU
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    3501

Club(s):   (DMA)

I'm picking up one up soon myself. Wife got me a DJI Phantom Quadcopoter and I'd like to use a GoPro Hero 3+ to do some aerial videography.

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

Lol, that was funny.
    What were you swimming over? The ocean scares the hell out of me. (Heck, even pools too deep for me to put my feet on the bottom creep me out). And things under water that belong above water, like boats, super creep me out.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Lol, that was funny.
    What were you swimming over? The ocean scares the hell out of me. (Heck, even pools too deep for me to put my feet on the bottom creep me out). And things under water that belong above water, like boats, super creep me out.
    Well you live in the right state to not like the ocean. My degree is in Marine Biology and I taught Snorkeling, Scuba and Marine Biology at SeaCamp on Big Pine Key in the Florida Keys. I was on the reef twice a day and did night dives once or twice a week. However, I needed money to pay off college loans. A couple of years after graduation, I became a Cop. Didn't make a lot of money but was able to live comfortably and pay off everything.

I was told, which means I don't know if it's true, that they were the "sunken ships" from the "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" ride that was in Disney World.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light