FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unbelieveable Model building skills!!!!!!!!!!!

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Cool Unbelieveable Model building skills!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally off topic but a MUST SEE!!!
    Stumbled upon this flickr:
    1:60 model of an Air India Boeing 777-300ER made entirely from manila file folders

This fella got way past the art, skills or any other word that could describe what he is doing.
    This is plain SICK!!!...INCREDIBLE!

VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Awesome!

My VIN:    3060

But where is he gonna keep all of his files now?

My VIN:    17082

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    "Looks like a airplane, without wings"
    - Devon

83 Canadian Spec - Manual, Grey, Fixed Pulls, Flat Hood

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

model

Click on the four other pages.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Dude must be retired.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    3028

Pretty impressive, this guy must do this as a profession.
    Barry

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

That's pretty sad when someone spends their free time building little scale models. I mean really...get a clue. I couldn't think of a better way to advertise that you have no life than to post pictures and videos of models that you obviously spent tons of time on that would no doubt be better spent doing other things. The ones who actually have the gall to post links to their work in forum signatures(like people want to see that?)...those are the worst.

Some people just have no idea how rich and fulfilling life can because they spend it chasing these pointless endeavors.

EDIT: Oh my, I just clicked on the link and I can't believe the detail this guy has put into this!!! The crew stations, cockpit, First class seats. It's a shame that all that ribbing has been covered up.
    Looks like he is going to paint it? Definitely got to follow this one through to completion. That's some serious talent and vision. Had to post a link to the nose gear:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucaiac...0185/lightbox/
    Last edited by Michael; 02-01-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Come on Michael. I imagine you could do this.....ya know if you put your mind to it I'm still waiting for you to post a 1/18 scale fully detailed air craft carrier (complete with planes) made out of card board.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    That's pretty sad when someone spends their free time building little scale models. I mean really...get a clue. I couldn't think of a better way to advertise that you have no life than to post pictures and videos of models that you obviously spent tons of time on that would no doubt be better spent doing other things. The ones who actually have the gall to post links to their work in forum signatures(like people want to see that?)...those are the worst.

Some people just have no idea how rich and fulfilling life can because they spend it chasing these pointless endeavors.

EDIT: Oh my, I just clicked on the link and I can't believe the detail this guy has put into this!!! The crew stations, cockpit, First class seats. It's a shame that all that ribbing has been covered up.
    Looks like he is going to paint it? Definitely got to follow this one through to completion. That's some serious talent and vision. Had to post a link to the nose gear:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucaiac...0185/lightbox/
    Soundkillr was here.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Come on Michael. I imagine you could do this.....ya know if you put your mind to it I'm still waiting for you to post a 1/18 scale fully detailed air craft carrier (complete with planes) made out of card board.
    Not to sound like I'm bragging, but yes I could do this ......IF and that's a big IF I had the vision he does and the desire. When people see my models or my pointillism artwork, they often tell me they wish they had that kind of skill or talent. I always tell them that they do..their eyes work just like mine. Their hands are shaped just like mine. They only thing truly required is the vision to see your goal, and the desire to achieve it. A touch of dedication never hurts either.

I don't think I could ever pull something like this off, as do most when it comes to this. Then again, we all have something different that drives us. It's pretty cool when you think about it, everyone is blessed with certain talents and gifts and they are as diverse as we ourselves are.

The sad thing is to see truly talented people choosing not to exercise their gifts. This is some really incredible work, very inspiring. Some of thos pictures like that nose wheel and the cargo door look almost like 3d CAD renderings, they are that detailed.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast