FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Anyone know what happened to VIN#6859?

My VIN:    10350 & 2083 SEARCHING FOR VIN#16664

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Anyone know what happened to VIN#6859?

Nate (delorean6859) used to own the car. He bought it off eBay as a good running car and later found out it needed a lot of mechanical work. He seemed like a Nice guy who got screwed on an eBay purchase. There were a lot of owners here who helped him out (which is awesome) but I know he doesn't have it anymore. Rumor has it that eBay's insurance company/buyer protection plan took it over and sold it or is going to sell it. Someone else said it was undergoing a full restoration by a shop somewhere in Long Island (Grady?).

My VIN:    17099

Quote Originally Posted by Ras12 View Post
    Nate (delorean6859) used to own the car. He bought it off eBay as a good running car and later found out it needed a lot of mechanical work. He seemed like a Nice guy who got screwed on an eBay purchase. There were a lot of owners here who helped him out (which is awesome) but I know he doesn't have it anymore. Rumor has it that eBay's insurance company/buyer protection plan took it over and sold it or is going to sell it. Someone else said it was undergoing a full restoration by a shop somewhere in Long Island (Grady?).
    Sorry to revive an old thread. I was researching my old DeLorean to see if it ever popped up again. This is Nate (formerly Delorean6859). I bought the car off of eBay while I was located in the DC area around 2005ish. It had a ton of deliberately hidden damage to include the frame. Ebay did agree to a small partial refund of the purchase price and I set out to make some of the repairs. A former member of the DeLorean community popped up and offered to lend a hand which turned into a disaster. To make a long story short, my car disappeared for several months only to reappear in pieces after Maryland State Police involvement. The car was a total loss at that point and I washed my hands of DeLorean ownership. I subsequently relocated to Los Angeles and became the owner of a 1983 Canadian spec DeLorean about 5 years ago and have been a happy owner ever since. There’s more to the story that should be told over beers at some point if anyone is ever interested. But to my knowledge it hasn’t popped up anywhere other then at a salvage auction in the south east many years ago. The rumor that it was undergoing a full restoration in Long Island is false but there was a kernel of truth to it. If anyone has any new details on the car, I’d love to hear about it.