FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Celebration Exotic Car Festival April 10-13

My VIN:    15880

Although I do admire their work. I'm not a fan of OCC. I stopped by their shop/restaurant with my time machine and was told to leave by a chubbly girl because I was trying to take a picture of my car in front of their building. She said I was in a fire lane and had called the cops. I'm pretty sure she was just pissed that all the people came out of the store to see my car. Of the many people that were there, was an off duty cop and told me not to worry. He's the one who took this picture.occ.jpg

My VIN:    * 5945 * Oct, 31, 1981. FranKenDeLorean

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by jeff20022 View Post
    Thank you Tony

Just to clarify, the concours field is nearly sold out (240 + cars already registered!) but we do not yet have our normal showing of DeLoreans - only 6 D's so far. We normally reserve space for 15 D's. With Kathryn DeLorean attending the event this year, we would like to see 20 DeLoreans on the concours field. Bring your car out for the largest charity exotic car show in the country, and meet Kathryn!

Thursday, March 27 is the last day for the early registration discount!

Register now at www.celebrationexoticcars.com
    This is exciting, looking forward to it this year , hehe, I am one of those 6, but hopefully we get a larger group going! I'm also excited to show my newly restored interior with new DMC seat skins .

--Randy
    ** A wave is like an empty canvas, waiting for a masterpiece -- unknown **
    ** VIN 5945 - FranKenDeLorean Oct 31, 1981 ** SpaceCoast, FL, USA ** DMCTalk Member/DMCOwner Since 2005

My VIN:    6654

Had a good time at the show the only BAD thing was I was next to Nick's Corvette powered car and he was out wandering around. The only place to sit was behind his car there was no room anywhere else. I answered the usual questions and then when the people came to the back of his car and they saw the "Corvette" on the valve covers their jaw dropped They would turn to me and ask questions. I said it wasn't my car but since I had heard the story before, I told them what I knew. I spent more time talking about Nicks College life than I did anything else.

In all seriousness I had a great time and it was a pleasure to talk with the people.

There were 9 cars there and I think we were the hit of the show.

I also got my award from JZD's Daughter, Kathryn.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    * 5945 * Oct, 31, 1981. FranKenDeLorean

I had a wonderful time at the show this year, personally I think it was the best one I've been too.

It was good to see all the Deloreans and support. Seeing Eddie's conversion and Nick's Corvette engine in person was pretty cool . Also, always appreciate Tony's support for the group, and special thanks to Brandon and Mike for their time in judging. Good to see them all.

Everyone was just so nice and overall great day. I saw our cars got a lot of positive reaction from the crowd and that was great to see.

See you next year!

--Randy
    ** A wave is like an empty canvas, waiting for a masterpiece -- unknown **
    ** VIN 5945 - FranKenDeLorean Oct 31, 1981 ** SpaceCoast, FL, USA ** DMCTalk Member/DMCOwner Since 2005

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Had a good time at the show the only BAD thing was I was next to Nick's Corvette powered car and he was out wandering around. The only place to sit was behind his car there was no room anywhere else. I answered the usual questions and then when the people came to the back of his car and they saw the "Corvette" on the valve covers their jaw dropped They would turn to me and ask questions. I said it wasn't my car but since I had heard the story before, I told them what I knew. I spent more time talking about Nicks College life than I did anything else.

In all seriousness I had a great time and it was a pleasure to talk with the people.

There were 9 cars there and I think we were the hit of the show.

I also got my award from JZD's Daughter, Kathryn.
    Yea... Sorry about that Lenny There were so many awesome cars there that I had to check them all out! Next time I'll put the poster out at the beginning

Congrats again on first place! Your car was certainly beautiful!

It was definitely an awesome weekend. I was on the fence about the rally but On Saturday I knew I had to do it. Luckily Jeff was totally cool about my constant indecision until he last minute. Definitely glad I did it. Talk about a cool experience. Got my car up to the fastest I've been so far. Got to see the needle kiss 130mph!! That was at around 5200rpm in fifth. The cars rev limiter kicks in at 6200 (got hit several times in the lower gears) and I'm pretty sure I could have gotten it there in fifth fairly easily. There was definitely a lot more engine to use but by then the Ferrari in front of us started braking pretty hard. I was certainly glad to have the wilwood brakes on the car because there was no way the original brakes could have braked as hard as I needed without serious brake fade . I was also glad to have the lowered eibach springs, lower control arm brackets, shock tower strut bar, and my freshly repaired steering column because I needed every steering tightening device I could get. The car hugs pretty tight at speed, but you still never realize how wavy the road can be until your going twice the speed limit.

On some of the back roads, people were cooking pretty good too. I kept trying to keep some braking distance between myself and he car ahead, but apparently that's an open invitation to be passed, lol. Oh well; pass me by all means. I wasn't about to tailgate a half million dollar Ferrari or Lamborghini! Haha

My navigator was able to snap this photo. If you look at the needle on the left, the speedometer is reading about 125mph.

Here's a couple others from the event:

Last edited by Nicholas R; 04-14-2014 at 09:49 PM.

I got up to 105 and I figured that I have a 33 year old car every piece is 33 years old. Even though it has a NOS engine, transmission, brakes, etc, etc, etc they are 33 years old. There was a little more in it but I didn't want to risk it.

Same thing as Nick said about braking. I left a lot of room between me and the cars in front because of our brakes. I did have a bunch of people merge in front of me on the second half.

On the first half we lined up according to the number of cylinders 12 first, 10 second, 8 third and the rest of us. You are NOT allowed to Pass on the first 3rd of the course. The funniest thing that happened was on the second half, we left early, and I got passed a lot. We were on a 2 lane road and made a right on to a 6 lane highway. Now, my car is pretty fast for a DeLorean, Headers, Cam, Ignition, etc. so I turned the corner and floored it. As you know Second and Third gears are our best. I was SCREAMING down the road in the right lane. Have you heard the phrase "Passed me like I was standing still", I have a new one. "Passed me like I was going backwards" 2 Porsche's 3 Ferrari's, 2 Lamborghini's and a Maserati passed me like a jet plane. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.

By the way there was a mustang on my tail for a little bit but I left him in the curves . Doc Brown doesn't drive a @#$@#!@% Mustang and I'll be damned if he is going to pass me.

We had more DeLoreans last year it was cool to see us take up the whole block. Other than that it was a fun weekend. I'm going to definitely do the Concours on Saturday and the Rally on Sunday next year.

I hope to see more of you there next year. How often do you get passed by cars doing in excess of 150 MPH
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

I was just thinking I'll bet that was over a million dollars worth of cars that passed me at the one time
    Thanks,
    Lenny

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I was just thinking I'll bet that was over a million dollars worth of cars that passed me at the one time
    At one point I was driving back to celebration behind a McLaren. I'm pretty sure there was a million dollars in front of me in that one instance!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3