FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil Drain Plug Copper Washer

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Oil Drain Plug Copper Washer

Anyone know where I can pick them up? McMaster or something like that? I get my filter locally and I've grabbed washers from Hervey or DMC vendors but I know they like to include them with their filters and I don't want to clean them out. I wouldn't mind grabbing a lot of 50 or 100 and be done with that.

Thanks.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I'm sure they buy them by the thousands, so I wouldn't worry about cleaning them out. Even if you were close to it, they could always reject your order or let you know it's too many. I've bought a bunch from Hervey and he just processed the washers like any other order, even though I didn't order oil filters at that time. I'm sure DMCH would be the same way too.

As for finding them locally, you would probably have some luck at a European auto parts store. However, the last time I did that for fuel injector washers, it ended up costing me more then going through a vendor. So now I would only do that as a last resort.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Are you looking for solid copper washers or copper crush gasket (looks like a copper oil ring that crushes flat) ?

Do a google IMAGES search for "copper sealing washer" and also do "copper crush gaskets" and go from there. You will see images of assortment kits that would be nice to have on hand if your ever pulling Banjo fittings too.

At $0.35 ea DMCH has the best price by far for those gaskets I've seen $0.69-$1.58 ea from other online sources. The size is 16 MM or 5/8 SAE

http://store.delorean.com/p-6092-sealing-washer.aspx
    Last edited by DMC5180; 01-31-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Thanks guys. I'm looking for the puffy kind that crushes flat when you put the plug on. I wasn't sure if there is a size attached to it like the PPR O-ring. I know the fuel line/injectors/distributor have different sizes and Hervey's website is great for that but wasn't sure if the oil drain plug washer has a specific size.

Alex Abdalla

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm looking for the puffy kind that crushes flat when you put the plug on. I wasn't sure if there is a size attached to it like the PPR O-ring. I know the fuel line/injectors/distributor have different sizes and Hervey's website is great for that but wasn't sure if the oil drain plug washer has a specific size.
    http://www.amazon.com/Drain-Plug-Cru.../dp/B0040CW0JS
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3757

That is $1.38 each with shipping....

My VIN:    05457

That looks right. The other option I've seen listed on the Mid State DMC website is the Oil-Tite 65273, but it doesn't appear to be crushable so probably not as good as the one Dennis listed. I would assume any M16 crushable copper washer would work.
    David Proehl

Ok, thanks. I just saw your update on the 16mm size. Thanks, Dennis.

Yeah, I see what you're saying about the cost. Going through DMC is definitely looking like the best option.

Alex Abdalla

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    That is $1.38 each with shipping....
    Yup that's why DMCH has the best price. But you need to spread the shipping cost with other things you NEED at the same time.

or 100 x $0.35 plus SH say $10 = $45 or $0.45 EA

Of coarse if you actually order that many they're going to say What the HELL ! Nobody needs 100 Oil plug gaskets for personal use stock 10-20 I can see that.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 01-31-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    DENNIS

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Yup that's why DMCH has the best price. But you need to spread the shipping cost with other things you NEED at the same time.

or 100 x $0.35 plus SH say $10 = $45 or $0.45 EA

Of coarse if you actually order that many they're going to say What the HELL ! Nobody needs 100 Oil plug gaskets for personal use stock 10-20 I can see that.
    Sure, that's true. They'd think I was running a Jiffy Lube Jr. out of my garage. But I'll do about four changes a year so 20 would take care of me for a long while.

Alex Abdalla

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast