FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any vw fans here? New 2276 for my street rail

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Any vw fans here? New 2276 for my street rail

So I just got done installing this turnkey 2276 stroker with 48 Ida's in my street rail. All I can say is WOW! The guy who built it for me warned me it was going to be an animal. It is about 180hp and my rail weighs 1200 pounds. I have been told with proper driving and good launch it will get me into mid to low 11s in 1/4 mile. It amazes me how much power can be had from the old air cooled vw blocks. This thing is wicked. I was going easy on it, and was at 1500 rpm in 2nd gear going up a hill. Stood in it, pulled to 3k (fast) and then broke traction and went sideways up the road till 6k when I let off. The cam profile starts to make power from 3000 to 6500. Tried to reduce tire pressure and same results. I'm going to need street slicks, way more bracing, and lower tire pressure. It will easily pull the front end off the ground in 1st and 2nd if I'm hard on it. The power to weight is a riot. I have heard of guys getting 200 hp out of these blocks n/a and vulgar numbers when going turbo.
    Attached Images
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    03037

Nice rail. I had a 70's bug, not dune or rail, but all original. I miss it. Are those LED (stop and turn signals on the bar) lights on the rear? If so, bitchen and I love the details. One day I'd like to get a meyers manx, original fiber body. Very, very nice!
    ¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬
    2014 La Jolla Concours D'Elegance Volunteer
    1998 Online Gamer; Everquest, AOE, R6, WOW, SOF
    1981 DeLorean, Grey, Automatic, Flap, 12k preserved miles
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle
    1961 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - *Restoration in Progress*

Quote Originally Posted by skill View Post
    Nice rail. I had a 70's bug, not dune or rail, but all original. I miss it. Are those LED (stop and turn signals on the bar) lights on the rear? If so, bitchen and I love the details. One day I'd like to get a meyers manx, original fiber body. Very, very nice!
    Good eye man! I have an led light bar (brake) over the zipper on the rear pad, and led turn signals on the rear bar and built into the side mirrors both front and back. BTW, the Meyers manxs are nice, and worth BIG bux now! You'll love the Manx!
    Soundkillr was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundkillr View Post
    Good eye man! I have an led light bar (brake) over the zipper on the rear pad, and led turn signals on the rear bar and built into the side mirrors both front and back. BTW, the Meyers manxs are nice, and worth BIG bux now! You'll love the Manx!

thanks. my older brother sold an original black fiber body w/ the plaque, pristine cond. and every day i bring it up unintentionally and he cries like a fat baby and regrets ever letting it go for a down payment on his 1st home. i remember looking at it as a kid, the plaque on the body was bad ass.
    Last edited by skill; 01-31-2014 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typos all over lol
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle

My VIN:    07000

I had a 63 splittie with an 1800 that came off our old sand rail. Always wondered if we could put something like that in a D. As far as the Manx, check out http://www.meyersmanx.com. The guy that started the company is local to San Diego and used to be part of our local bus club.

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    I had a 63 splittie with an 1800 that came off our old sand rail. Always wondered if we could put something like that in a D. As far as the Manx, check out http://www.meyersmanx.com. The guy that started the company is local to San Diego and used to be part of our local bus club.
    The one on the home page is awesome! I'd love to have that thing! Still have your bus? Those are also worth big money now....
    Soundkillr was here.

Wish I did. I had it at about 80% restored and got a ton of money as it was the last year of the 23 window. Had I taken it to Lenny Copp to finish it, which would have cost me about $18k, the bus would've been worth about $75k, but unfortunately didn't have the funds at the time. I ended up buying another collectible though - a 2004 limited production Honda Rune which is slowly climbing in value. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391273937.167088.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Nice site! I spent all night checking their videos out. Baja!!! Tijuana, Playas, Rosarito and Ensenada, Fish Tacosssss! Hehehe

Hey Timebender, you in Jamul? Cool!!! I was there last week on proctor valley for a birthday. I'm in Chulajuana. Good to see a local on the board.
    1960 Volkswagen Beetle

Yep- just over on Olive Vista off Jefferson. If you head north off Campo/94 instead of south onto Proctor Valley you'd be headed my direction.
    So do you have a D? I've seen Yellow MX Wheel's - his folks live up here too. Still waiting to get mine someday hopefully soon.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

You have the most unique and nicest rides...still lovin that Celica.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast