FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what IS behind the seats???

what IS behind the seats???

so..yeah..what IS behind the seats??? could i remove whats behind them and some how fashion a seat for my little sisters??

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

One person (to my knowledge) has made a 4 seater delorean, and it was quite a complicated build…… but impressive nonetheless.

--buddy
    PS: I hope you're not trolling…..

Quietly enjoying ownership Cory W's Avatar

My VIN:    4692

Behind the seats you have (no particular order):
    -Plywood
    -Parking brake cables
    -battery
    -fuses & relays
    -wiring, vacuum hose
    -fiberglass tub components

Could you do it? Possibly. It would have to be on one side or the other; the center would just not work out in this application. You'd have to figure out where to reroute and relocate some components. (The driver side would be MUCH easier, but you'd then sacrifice some legroom for yourself)

The space you'd have would certainly not be comfortable. Imagine them in something of a fetal position. You'd also have to figure out where/how to mount the seat cushion itself and the seatbelt.

Similar idea: Check out some of these Eurofest 2011 pics. There was a custom framed FOUR SEATER DeLorean there!

My VIN:    03254

Quote Originally Posted by Cory W View Post
    The space you'd have would certainly not be comfortable. Imagine them in something of a fetal position. You'd also have to figure out where/how to mount the seat cushion itself and the seatbelt.
    Without the seatbelts I've had four people in my Delorean before, where there is a will there is a way.

My daughter who was in middle school curled up in the package tray. My younger daughter sat on the passanger side floor and my wife sat in the seat.

Its doable but I wouldn't reccomend it for a long trip. That is why we created SUV's ;-)

Dan

Still Plays With Toys awildermode's Avatar

This is when the luggage rack would come in handy.

well i just need 2 rear seats i can put seat belts onto (even if the seats are ply wood) that i can use in the rare case that their dad isn't around to take them to day care lol they are 6 and 4 so they are small xD sides, who cares about comfort??

also, it looks like someone could just cut the far sides away, and insert seats.. BUT i have no clue about whats under that shelf lol

Builder of the first Delorean Time Machine

My VIN:    2072

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    also, it looks like someone could just cut the far sides away, and insert seats.. BUT i have no clue about whats under that shelf lol
    As long as you don't care about safety…...

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    About 90% of the car's electrical system to start. . . . . .

The guy who did the 4-seater in Europe redesigned the entire rear of the frame to eliminate the trailing arms, which take up lots of the space under there too.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

well...its an 81, carb..so idk about electric components, and all the AC stuff has been removed..form what i understand..idk..could i just throw in 2 belts and 2 booster seats and be good lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast