FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rich W's Custom DeLoreans in the UK (sort of) on Channel 4 Car TV Show

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Another teaser for The Love of Cars - DeLorean Show was posted to YouTube earlier today (this one is a full 3 min.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m006bQ6Am4

Also attaching a link to the show's Press Pack details, for other publications and media, to generate articles or links:

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/p...elorean-dmc-12

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Another teaser for The Love of Cars - DeLorean Show was posted to YouTube earlier today (this one is a full 3 min.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m006bQ6Am4
    Really looking forward to this now!
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    Really looking forward to this now!
    As Chris Williams mentioned in another related thread, this show has been in production for a very long time (over a year now)
    and while it is a little unfortunate that much of the outdoor footage was done in much less than ideal weather and time of year,
    the overall appearances in the show will hopefully be the "best" of what was filmed. As I mentioned before, it was foggy and
    raining most of the day when the production crew filmed for an entire day here in early December, in the Midwest of the U.S.
    The next day, it dropped over 50 degrees and it was clear and sunny. Within a few days, it was down to single digit temps.
    Although all my vehicles were either wet from the rain or damp from the fog, I am hoping they appeared OK on the camera.

In any case, it will be a very interesting show. There has certainly been a lot of effort put into it. Thanks to all who helped.

Note: Standard Filming Formula may apply: 1 hour of filming = 1 minute of footage in the final cut of the show
    Last edited by Rich W; 05-20-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: added note

Thanks again to Mike for posting the Vimeo link: (password: dmc-12)

For those who want to check out a few of my DeLorean creations, there is about two minutes of footage
    between 37:10 and 39:20 in the above link. The D Rex looked great, even with 4 cameras mounted on it.

My VIN:    01955

Watched the whole episode yesterday on Youtube. What a great plug for the Delorean!!

Very happy with this, compared to Quentin Willson's review many years ago.

Rich W's Custom DeLoreans in the UK (sort of) again this Fall

I just finished up a video and photo shoot (and interview) this weekend with Barcroft Media Ltd (UK) based out of London.

As I understand, there will be a new Barcroft Media Automotive Channel launching sometime this Fall, most likely in October 2014
    and some of my Custom DeLoreans will be featured in one of the initial shows, as they continue to film content for this channel.

As with other recent filming events over the past few years, there was a full day of filming, so I hope there will be at least 5 - 10 minutess
    of edited footage that will make it into the show (and more photos on the Barcroft Media website as well). Yes, there was a "script" too.

I will fill everyone in on some of the filming details as we get closer to the debut, but what I will mention now is that you will see DeLoreans
    doing some things on camera that has not been filmed to broadcast to the public, either for a TV show or movie, or just for YouTube.

As for the environmental factors, it was a really hot and humid day, along with a few passing rain showers throughout the day (not ideal).
    Those of you "continuity freaks" may notice how many times I change T-Shirts (sweating and/or rained on) and moving my remote mic.

I do not recall what the final "weather stats" were for the day, but it was well above 88 degrees and 88% humidity for most of the day.
    Yes, I was hot and sweaty and a bit cranky by the end of the day (putting cars away in the rain), but overall I think it went well.

Attaching a photo of the initial setup for the video, being filmed by Ruaridh from Barcroft Media.

Barcroft-Ruaridh-initial-setup.jpg

Stay Tuned for more details in the Future.
    Last edited by Rich W; 07-28-2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: fixed type-o's, as usual

As I understand, there will be a new Barcroft Media Automotive Channel launching sometime this Fall, most likely in October 2014
    and some of my Custom DeLoreans will be featured in one of the initial shows, as they continue to film content for this channel.

Today I received a "Fact Check" draft copy of some of the text that will be used in the article that will accompany the photos and video clips.

Overall, facts were accurate but missing some details, so as is, some of the brief text could be taken out of context to mean something incorrect.

Hopefully, things will now remain as accurate as possible in the "final cut" version, and as of today, things are still on-track for a debut this October.

and as of today, things are still on-track for a debut this October.

Well, they missed the October deadline, but I did see the Final Cut of the video before the end of October.

The video turned out well, but there is few seconds of footage (after a few "hop" jumps) where the radiator
    developed a small leak, where the aluminum radiator and steel bracket come together and the D Rex is seen
    puffing a little steam behind and around the huge front bumper and radiator grille. It almost looks like it is a
    special effect, so I guess I cannot be too upset about a very small amount of that footage in the final cut.

Release date has not been disclosed yet, but it should be sometime this month, hopefully in early November.

I will be creating a new thread for the actual video and/or article release.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2