FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Custom DeLorean Dashboard Clock

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

wonderful responses guys. this stuff needs investigation. i'm really tired now,sorry if my response is limited.
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

Banned

My VIN:    1798

That's pretty SWEET - very nice Rob

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

SWEET!!
    Damn Rob, the only thing this wont do, is reply to emails!!!!

Love the music of the video. So when is this item ready for sale?
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

Current custodian of 2109 Ozzie's Avatar

My VIN:    2109

Club(s):   (DCF)

Very nice!
    Love the features and especially the interface with the use of the now-with-LED-non-functional rheostat. Clever.
    I'll be sure to post this up on my blog, so as to cover more recent clock solutions.

I love DeLorean owners' innovation and solutions for this car. When I got my D in 2007 (w/a non functional clock) the OEM clocks had just run out, and there weren't any options to replace them; today though, it looks like there are several options available for OEM like/fit clock replacements.
    Personal Blog: DeLorean Ownership & Upkeep (Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a while, but some good stuff there if you look.)
    ->Last posting:"Smooth shifting on a 30+ year old car."
    ->Most read posting:"Going 100% LEDs on your car is a good idea, and more feasible than ever."

for sake of completeness: the rheostat dial can still be used to drive the dashboard lighting brightness. The big difference is that it now works for LEDs as well! this was made possible by the use of PWM modulation on the dashlight wire.

i had one spare output pin on the microprocessor and it was decided quickly what it should do.

My VIN:    6248

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    for sake of completeness: the rheostat dial can still be used to drive the dashboard lighting brightness. The big difference is that it now works for LEDs as well! this was made possible by the use of PWM modulation on the dashlight wire.

i had one spare output pin on the microprocessor and it was decided quickly what it should do.
    Just to clarify, you're only using the rheostat *dial*, not the rheostat itself, right? Mine died a long time ago.

Custom DeLorean Dashboard Clock

indeed you are correct. i'm only using the face plate. the rheostat itself has been replaced by a so called 'rotary encoder with switch'. an example of such a device can be found on stereo sets. It can rotate freely (no limits) and there are slight stops to be felt when going round.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401949093.470273.jpg
    Last edited by robvanderveer; 06-05-2014 at 02:24 AM.
    Rob van der Veer

Listen up guys, i'm trying to see how many clocks i'd have to make when i decide to do a small one time only batch, so i can set up a little crowdfund for these. i'm thinking maybe 25? let me know though PM if you are interested.
    Rob van der Veer

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    Listen up guys, i'm trying to see how many clocks i'd have to make when i decide to do a small one time only batch, so i can set up a little crowdfund for these. i'm thinking maybe 25? let me know though PM if you are interested.
    PM sent.
    - Volker Seidel -

The way I see it, if you're gonna drive around in a car, why not do it with some style?

Club(s):   (DMA)

PM Sent

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast