FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom DeLorean Dashboard Clock

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by robvanderveer View Post
    Anyway, once more: http://youtu.be/QJJclgxl1vU.
    Tickle me impressed, I love your attention to detail with the configuration screens - extremely polished interface

Only thing I'd do different would be a mode for automatic cycling between the info, e.g.:
    Repeat for ten seconds:
    "IN" - 2 seconds
    "xx'c" - 2 seconds

Repeat for ten seconds:
    "OUT" - 2 seconds
    "xx'c" - 2 seconds

Show for ten seconds:
    TIME

And that process just keeps looping. Only because I'd want that info displayed at all times, but also wouldn't want three or more displays mounted about the place.

Then again, I remember seeing a blog or thread somewhere once where someone was making a circuit that had an OLED display mounted in place of the clock... which means you could render anything you wanted instead of being confined to four digits.

As always, fantastic to see so many options being made for a component that only a few years ago there was nothing for.
    Chris

My VIN:    03572

I agree. Very nice user interface.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3695

Club(s):   (DCN)

It is not finished yet, i still have to complete the software. But i'll reserve one for you when i'm confident it doesn't blow up your car.

Rob
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

My VIN:    2964

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Tickle me impressed, I love your attention to detail with the configuration screens - extremely polished interface

Only thing I'd do different would be a mode for automatic cycling between the info, e.g.:
    Repeat for ten seconds:
    "IN" - 2 seconds
    "xx'c" - 2 seconds

Repeat for ten seconds:
    "OUT" - 2 seconds
    "xx'c" - 2 seconds

Show for ten seconds:
    TIME

And that process just keeps looping. Only because I'd want that info displayed at all times, but also wouldn't want three or more displays mounted about the place.

Then again, I remember seeing a blog or thread somewhere once where someone was making a circuit that had an OLED display mounted in place of the clock... which means you could render anything you wanted instead of being confined to four digits.

As always, fantastic to see so many options being made for a component that only a few years ago there was nothing for.
    I was gonna write same thing till I saw ur post! Great idea!!
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post

Good thinking. I'll probably add an option in the menu to change the display automatically. What you DON'T want when driving a car is something in the corner of your eye drawing your attention. That's why i made it static. That's also the reason why i made the clock ':' blink optional.

I tried using an OLED screen, but it's nowhere near readable from about 70cm as you would like. Believe me i tried. It's a waste of good OLED screens.

My VIN:    07000

That's pretty slick Rob. Being a UX/UI guy, it's nice to see when someone comes up with a very simple easy to use interface, esp. in an automotive application.
    Keep up the good work! Mind if I post this to the LinkedIn automotive UX group?

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    That's pretty slick Rob. Being a UX/UI guy, it's nice to see when someone comes up with a very simple easy to use interface, esp. in an automotive application.
    Keep up the good work! Mind if I post this to the LinkedIn automotive UX group?
    By all means go ahead! I like being appreciated. Oh and i'm a bit of a UX prrson to, my previous employer did all kinds of UXP web design, i guess i got infected.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Nicely done Rob. I have only now had the chance to look at the vid and I am very impressed.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    07000

Thanks Rob. If you're on linkedin, I suggest joining the automotive ux group sometime!

time for a little update. i have just finished installing the new clock in my car!

http://bit.ly/1jw3lgq
    Rob van der Veer

My mods? DeClock, keyless entry, Alpine audio setup, and much more.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast