FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mike Loasby Car and factory presentation Must Watch!

Hey Guys Give Me A Break

I have been sharing my work with the DeLorean Community for many years.
    You can watch (for free) a documentary I produced some years ago;
    http://www.u.tv/utvplayer/video/121513

I have lent videos from my private collection to other enthusiasts around the world. For their own personal viewing I might add.
    I have shown exclusive footage of John DeLorean and other material at the Eurofests held in Ireland.

The decision to remove material from You Tube was not taken lightly. Anyone who understands Intellectual Property and Copyright will understand. My copyrighted material that was uploaded on to You Tube can still be bought from me, please get in touch if interested. I don't rip people off and only make enough to cover some of my costs. Tamir Ardon has already explained this position elsewhere on this forum.
    I am currently working on a significant project that cannot be declared at this stage but will (if I succeed) become a lasting legacy for DeLorean owners and enthusiasts around the world.

Many independent Producers have made use of my archives and knowledge. eg.Car Crash (Mint production for BBC)
    Joel McHale drove my car recently; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3990672.html
    In addition I have assisted numerous authors, for example Michael Shaeffer and Nick Sutton.

I am passionate about the man and the marque as many of you are...

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Am I the only lucky one that tries to put in a postalcode but nothing happens? I can find winning lottery numbers easier than accessing this.

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by kings1527 View Post
    Am I the only lucky one that tries to put in a postalcode but nothing happens? I can find winning lottery numbers easier than accessing this.
    Try this postcode: BT7 1EB

Let me know if that works...

Robert Lamrock

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Try this postcode: BT7 1EB

Let me know if that works...

Robert Lamrock
    Seems like the link is down. Any idea where else we could view this? Thanks.

Mike Loasby Technical Presentation Video

As a tribute to Michael Loasby who passed away last week I have uploaded his technical presentation from the 1997 Eurofest event in Belfast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txpfL0vhgHw&t=2s

BTW the test track at the factory is currently being refurbished for an open event there on Sunday June 9th 2024 organised by DeLorean Owners Ireland.

Robert Lamrock
    Producer
    Belfast
    Last edited by Roberto; 11-15-2023 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Additional information

My VIN:    2883

That was a great presentation he did, very informative as to how the car was made. Thanks for sharing Robert.
    Great news about the test track.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Yes, thanks a bunch for sharing that informative presentation by Mike Loasby, Robert.

Two highlights:

1. He explains why production DeLorean frames weren't made of stainless steel (at the 26m50s point). A stainless steel frame was originally in the design specs. The first two prototypes built in the USA had SS frames as did "quite a lot of the Lotus prototypes". DMC got cold feet about using stainless frames fearing (litigation) risk related to reduced crash performance at very low temperatures vs carbon/mild steel frames. He says for steel frame corrosion protection they first explored zinc plating before settling on the epoxy coating solution. It's somehow good to know that stainless frames were in the original plan since that was in keeping with JZD's strategy of making a long-lasting sports car.

2. He spends a good deal of time showing how the VARI fiberglass body tubs were built up and cured. DMC planned to eventually use more automation for processing the tubs. Initial efforts to automate that had to be set aside.

He also mentions the factory method of aligning all the body panels. One starts with the proper fit of the roof box and both doors, only then working from the doors out to the front and rear panels. That procedure is often mentioned in this forum.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2