FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Starting a DIY Maintenance Business

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by nullset View Post
    There's a business like this in Alpharetta (30 miles north of Atlanta...an Atlanta suburb). http://www.e3storage.com/

It's not cheap, however.

--buddy
    What's funny is I just clicked on that link and saw the Lotus and all those BMWs and realized that I don't think I would want to work on my car in a public setting like this. It's bad enough getting heckled by know-it-alls at gas stations, I don't need some mouth-breather telling me how to rebuild my Helicopter engine with refrigerator parts when I'm knee-deep in a repair, or causing a car to come crashing down and kills me because he wanted to sit in my car while I'm under it, or piss some moron off because I'm working by the hour and I don't want to talk to him because his cocaine jokes are actually costing me money.

The clubhouse idea is a nice one, but only if it was like-minded people who love odd-ball cars.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

For the really well-heeled in Minnesota. This is a condo complex of JUST GARAGES with no place to live. We've been there, about the coolest thing I've ever seen, and you can bet that the level of cars in the place is astonishing.

http://automotorplex.com/
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

auto plex

Dave's right, there are some righteous man caves in that place. Cars and coffee meets there every month. The Minnesota boys invited Dave and Julee up for a tech session.

Paul Cerny #2691
    Formerly Burnsville, MN
    now Kalispell, MT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3