FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: brake reservoir leaking - PLEASE HELP

My VIN:    5662

brake reservoir leaking - PLEASE HELP

how do I remove the brake reservoir to replace the gaskets without removing the master cylinder.....It's leaking under the reservoir from the front where it joins the master cylinder so I'm assuming the gasket in the front is leaking...Was just replaced by DMC Florida and they only issued me a 30 day warranty and its been 6 months with 38 miles since replacement.....PLEASE HELP !!!

Quote Originally Posted by aiki99 View Post
    how do I remove the brake reservoir to replace the gaskets without removing the master cylinder.....It's leaking under the reservoir from the front where it joins the master cylinder so I'm assuming the gasket in the front is leaking...Was just replaced by DMC Florida and they only issued me a 30 day warranty and its been 6 months with 38 miles since replacement.....PLEASE HELP !!!
    I had the DMCH brake master leaking at the joints to the reservoir from the first day. in the end I had to re-use the two black gasket from the original 30 years old master O_O
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by BABIS View Post
    I had the DMCH brake master leaking at the joints to the reservoir from the first day. in the end I had to re-use the two black gasket from the original 30 years old master O_O
    To remove the reservoir you remove the brake fluid and then you have to remove the pins. To remove the pins you have to remove the cotter keys. You have to pry the reservoir out of the seals. It may just be the seals are not installed correctly. I am not sure if you can buy *just* the seals. If the reservoir is overfilled it may seem like it is leaking.
    David Teitelbaum

www.delorean.eu

My VIN:    11626

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    To remove the reservoir you remove the brake fluid and then you have to remove the pins. To remove the pins you have to remove the cotter keys. You have to pry the reservoir out of the seals. It may just be the seals are not installed correctly. I am not sure if you can buy *just* the seals. If the reservoir is overfilled it may seem like it is leaking.
    Make shore the reservoir is install in the right direction, If you remove it you see that on one side the small pipe's are closer to the side.
    This is the side that neat to be near the brake booster, if it is install the wrong way it hit the brake booster and it will leak.

Regards Ed
    www.delorean.eu

My VIN:    6125

Here are a few photos of the reservoir correctly installed on the master. You can see the two cotter pins you'll need to remove so you can slide out the two main pins that hold the reservoir to the master. If the reservoir is installed backwards it will probably leak.

Last edited by Mark D; 02-11-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Please call me directly as all parts have 6 month warranty.

Tony Ierardi
    President
    DMC Florida
    239-495-8550