FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Abandoned Time Machine - Anyone know someone in New Jersey

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    In light of this new information, it is the opinion of this court that thirdmanj (James) did willfully and blatantly use material in an Internet thread that had been previously been used by DL4567(Derek)..who was the original poster. By Internet law, DL4567 has a a legitimate copyright claim since he was the first to blatantly copy it and post it in a previous thread.

The punishment is as follows: 10,000 Internet points shall be deducted from James' account and placed in Derek's account until such time when Robert Zemeckis and/or Bob Gale register here. At that time all Internet points will be awarded to the rightful heirs...and the only ones who have a legitimate right to get all bent out of shape over this.
    Haha Michael, I appreciate that laugh on this otherwise not-so-great day. I needed it.

James, I wasn't "angry" or anything in the slightest, just glad to see that pic getting re-used.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Attention Whore

So I contacted the owners about this and this is what they said...

"Haha!
    I can’t believe how fast a BS story can travel, now I just need to get our advertising to perform like that! On February 1st we actually moved out of our office, and into a new one about 3 miles down the road.
    We had a nice indoor parking spot where the car was protected, so the plan was to leave it there for a week until we received a door pass for the new spot. Unfortunately the people at the old building didn’t see it that way,
    and decided to call the police about an “abandoned car”! Believe it or not, they told the police that they didn’t know who owned it, and that it had been there for 2 months. Anyway, the guys with the flatbed were
    nice enough to find an invoice with my number on it, and call me rather than bring it to an impound lot. So that’s the big story……the car is safe and sound again! -Graham"

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Weaver II View Post
    I call bullshit.

-Gary
    Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner...

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    Haha Michael, I appreciate that laugh on this otherwise not-so-great day. I needed it.

James, I wasn't "angry" or anything in the slightest, just glad to see that pic getting re-used.
    Never said ya were, man.
    1-800-273-8255

Just leave me out of it..

Sounds like it's back with the original owner. That's great to hear. Great ending to a very strange story.

-Gary

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by videobob View Post
    This was my 7th build, directly after the "Auction Kings" car.
    It was a black auto I picked up locally, VIN SCEDT26T1BD006462.
    or is it 04481 according to your FB album of the build?

Cool story, though.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Attention Whore

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    or is it 04481 according to your FB album of the build?

Cool story, though.
    Sorry, you're right... SCEDT26T6BD004481

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    Btw I noticed from your vin info that you have way too many DeLoreans..

(while I'm STILL working on getting that one off the lot across the street from you, but getting sooo close)
    I can tell you from personal experience that fighting for two years to get your first Delorean is wholly a worthwhile experience.

My VIN:    07000

Abandoned Time Machine - Anyone know someone in New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    I can tell you from personal experience that fighting for two years to get your first Delorean is wholly a worthwhile experience.
    It's been about 20 years on and off- we're close now because I finally found one (by shear fortune) that I was able to whittle the owner down a lot. But I can see the finish line and can't wait to get started on the rebuild and eventually driving it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3