FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sinkhole Collapses part of the Corvette Museum in KY

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    How do you expect a sinkhole to give a rat for just 6 vehicles?

Check the thread again. I'm pretty sure you're responding to the wrong person....
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I'm going to consider this God's opinion of Corvettes.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

sinkhole

Scary to think I was standing right there. Reminds me of the hole that swallowed that guy in Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    I'm going to consider this God's opinion of Corvettes.
    Nah man, Lucifer had his eye on that blue one and just had to have it!
    1-800-273-8255

My VIN:    3281, 6344

Definitely a shame. And I was up there just a couple of months ago with the local British car club - standing right near where that hole was! You can see the blue one that ended up in the hole in the background of the 1,000,000th Corvette. Though, from the footage I've seen, the sinkhole area doesn't look as dense as it did when I was there - they might have moved some vehicles out of there (good)!

Travis
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Do you think they will do a complete excavation in an effort to recover the ones that are not visible?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Here's a link to the sky dome live streaming video. http://www.corvettemuseum.org/webcam/camera6.shtml Not much going yet other than random people walking in the distance on occasion. It will be interesting to see what equipment will be brought in for heavy lifting. I'm guessing they will need to remove part of the Dome wall in order to bring in a LINK-BELT style long reach telescopic boom crane for the heavy lifting and a lot of hand labor to unearth the buried ones. I think we have a new carrier in development GMology (excavating the history of the corvette).
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

The bigger question perhaps is What state is the ground under the rest of the museum? How far does this sinkhole extend or are there a series of sinkholes?

And is the rocks that the vettes are now sitting on, just the roof of another hole? They will have to proceed very carefully. It may not even be safe to rescue all of them. They need to do a whole subterranean survey, via an array of bore holes around the whole site to determine the extent of the system and then determine the cost to fill it up. It won't be cheap.

We had one exposed under a construction site in AL and we had to put something like 10000 yards of lean concrete into it to stabilize it.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    07000

The fact that the whole area, from my understanding, is built above tunnels (whether natural or man made) makes one wonder why they didn't do anything before construction to mitigate this from ever happening. Kinda reminds me of the Chevy Chase/Dan Akroyd movie "Nothing but trouble."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast