FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sinkhole Collapses part of the Corvette Museum in KY

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    The fact that the whole area, from my understanding, is built above tunnels (whether natural or man made) makes one wonder why they didn't do anything before construction to mitigate this from ever happening. Kinda reminds me of the Chevy Chase/Dan Akroyd movie "Nothing but trouble."
    Ah! Valkenvania!

Jeff

My VIN:    4534

That movie disturbed me greatly as a child. I still can't stand to watch it. I think it's the reason I don't like "stupid humor" like Dumb and Dumber.

That black Vette looks like it came out even better than Blue Devil. Seeing as it's the only body style that fell in that I like, I am glad. I'm not bashing the others. I'm glad they'll be rescued and restored. They are a part of history. I just prefer my Vettes to be Old School.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    That movie disturbed me greatly as a child. I still can't stand to watch it. I think it's the reason I don't like "stupid humor" like Dumb and Dumber.
    Because of that movie, every time I see an engine running on a stand, I think of Mr. Bonestripper. An underrated film IMO. I also didn't notice his nose until years later.

As for the sinkholes, there have been a few theories as to why this one wasn't detected, but the most honest one was that it could have been because it wasn't even there when the place got built. A leaking supply pipe or drain could have caused the erosion out of the ground that created the hole. So who knows really.

Also, I myself am not familiar with Corvette culture, but why all the hate for the C4?
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

sinkholes

Used to do a lot of cave exploring in southeast Minnesota. You'ed be surprised how many holes there are underground. I still have nightmares of the stupid stuff I did.

My VIN:    07000

Sinkhole Collapses part of the Corvette Museum in KY

I had NEVER noticed his nose til now. That just adds more to the creep factor of his character.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Back on topic....

I was wondering earlier if the recovery would cost more than the 8 cars were worth. I would have thought the Blue Devil would have been the most valuable, but it turns out that the millionth car is the moneymaker

http://blog.caranddriver.com/multimi...s-1-2-million/

So maybe not.

I wonder if their value will go up after this, assuming they are restored. If they keep one as-is, it should be the burgundy C4 40th anniversary.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    4534

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Also, I myself am not familiar with Corvette culture, but why all the hate for the C4?
    I believe a lot of Corvette people consider it underpowered with poor handling. Some just hate the looks. It has that flat plain look that a lot of 90s cars fell into.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

Just leave me out of it..

Lordy... the PPG Pace Car got jacked up.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...seum-sinkhole/

I really have to wonder if they are going to try and fix that one.

-Gary

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    I believe a lot of Corvette people consider it underpowered with poor handling. Some just hate the looks. It has that flat plain look that a lot of 90s cars fell into.
    I always liked the look of the C4, especially the early ones with the "digital" dash. They seem to be the best value of all the vettes right now.
    Jeff

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Weaver II View Post
    Lordy... the PPG Pace Car got jacked up.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...seum-sinkhole/

I really have to wonder if they are going to try and fix that one.

-Gary
    Ouch. I don't see how it'll be feasible to fix that one, either. To me, this was easily the most interesting of the cars that were eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    I always liked the look of the C4, especially the early ones with the "digital" dash. They seem to be the best value of all the vettes right now.
    I definitely like the earlier C4's from the mid '80s. Perhaps it's because I was a kid in the '80s, but I still think they're cool looking cars, digi dashes & all. And they're damned cheap, too... here's a clean one with only 33,000 miles for $7,800:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...51808781&Log=0

I think it's a hell of a car for the buck.
    Louie Golden

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast