FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DMC, BTTF and Pinball!

DMC, BTTF and Pinball!

Thought this topic deserved a thread of it's own.

As a DeLorean owner and a Pinball/Arcade enthusiest I spent some time looking for a BTTF pinball machines within driving range. Last weekend (2/15/14) I drove to a little place north of Dallas and back again to pick one up. It was an 8 hour round trip with about an hour examining and insuring the machine was as advertised. It was and I am thrilled to have one. I am also a co-owner ofa pinball / Video arcade located in Spring, Texas called The Game Preserve. When I got it back I post on our facebook page and our website that I have a BTTF machine for those who might be interested to come play it. The next day two DMC owner/drivers showed up in a couple of cars to play the game. I couldn't resist getting the attached photo.

For those of you close to Dallas or planning a trip out that way, during the weekend of March 28th, I will be at the Texas Pinball Festival with my BTTF and my car inside the convention area. This is going to be a great addition to the show this year.

Who else has a BTTF pinball? Or looking to acquire one? I was actually contacted through this forum and given the chance to purchase mine.
    Attached Images

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    Thought this topic deserved a thread of it's own.

As a DeLorean owner and a Pinball/Arcade enthusiest I spent some time looking for a BTTF pinball machines within driving range. Last weekend (2/15/14) I drove to a little place north of Dallas and back again to pick one up. It was an 8 hour round trip with about an hour examining and insuring the machine was as advertised. It was and I am thrilled to have one. I am also a co-owner ofa pinball / Video arcade located in Spring, Texas called The Game Preserve. When I got it back I post on our facebook page and our website that I have a BTTF machine for those who might be interested to come play it. The next day two DMC owner/drivers showed up in a couple of cars to play the game. I couldn't resist getting the attached photo.

For those of you close to Dallas or planning a trip out that way, during the weekend of March 28th, I will be at the Texas Pinball Festival with my BTTF and my car inside the convention area. This is going to be a great addition to the show this year.

Who else has a BTTF pinball? Or looking to acquire one? I was actually contacted through this forum and given the chance to purchase mine.
    I never got into pinball, but there is a pinball hall of fame I stop at here in Las Vegas because it's an Ingress portal..lol I find no interest in pinball, but it's still a cool theme you have going on.

My VIN:    10270

Seems like quite a few of us have a similar hobby convergence Congrats on the BTTF pickup!

I have 3 pins, 2 arcade cabinets, and a Baby Pac-Man both-in-one. No BTTF machine, not yet anyway. I'd probably have more but I exclusively buy broken pins and space is a limiting factor.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    07000

I'd love to have a BTTF pinball machine. Also would be looking for an Asteroids as well as Battlezone (the cool standup version). Star Wars was a great arcade machine as well. I actually worked at an arcade attached to the Huish Family Fun Center back in the early 80's as a tech - fixing games, unjamming tokens - it was a pretty awesome job for a high-schooler and into college.

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    I'd love to have a BTTF pinball machine. Also would be looking for an Asteroids as well as Battlezone (the cool standup version). Star Wars was a great arcade machine as well. I actually worked at an arcade attached to the Huish Family Fun Center back in the early 80's as a tech - fixing games, unjamming tokens - it was a pretty awesome job for a high-schooler and into college.
    We have an Asteroids Deluxe (Asteriods but with a 3D background), a original Battlezone tall peek through and a Star War stand up. If you are ever in Texas you should swing by relive that bit of history.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    We have an Asteroids Deluxe (Asteriods but with a 3D background), a original Battlezone tall peek through and a Star War stand up. If you are ever in Texas you should swing by relive that bit of history.
    I also have a BTTF The Pinball. I buy, sell, and repair them. I can sell you the latest firmware or any special parts. I can assist you in programing, repair, and refurbishment. Be sure you change those 3 AA batteries annually. If they leak they can damage the board and that is an expensive fix. You replace them with the power ON or you lose your custom programming. Do NOT leave the machine out in the sun. Because of the glass, the playfield becomes a greenhouse and you will melt all of the plexi parts. Use a surge suppressor for the power. Make sure all of the fuses are the correct size. All too often a machine will have problems blowing fuses and to prevent them from blowing it is easier to oversize the fuse than to find and fix the problem. Happens because someone put the wrong bulbs in or you are burning up the connectors on the power board. Get some playfield polish and replace the balls. If the rubber parts are cracking or flaking replace it all. You can get a whole kit from Pinball Palace in Poukeepsie (sp) NY. If anyone needs a machine let me know. Right now they are going for around $2K plus around $450 shipping. Depends on condition and location. They make a great addition to any den or playroom. Even the kids still love them.
    David Teitelbaum

I have a collection of pinball machines, including BTTF. I'm afraid that it's my least favorite table in terms of game play, but it would be one of the last I'd sell. My two favorites at the moment: Simpsons Pinball Party and Jurassic Park. Most beautiful and most difficult(IMO): Cirqus Voltaire. Just like Deloreans, they're fun to own, but can be frustrating and expensive when something goes wrong.

My VIN:    3937

I have LOVED pinball since I was a kid!

I can't say that the BTTF one is on my favorites list though, as I don't know that I've even played it before.

Many of us when we were kids in my hometown spent a lot of our free time in the pool hall/arcade. This place had tons of 12 foot snooker tables, 7 or 8 foot 8-ball tables, all kinds of stand up arcade cabinets and a bunch of pinball machines. This is late 80s or early 90s so what got me hooked were a lot of the Williams brand pinball machines at that time.

The hands down, no contest favorite for me is and was High Speed 2 The Getaway by Williams. Man was that thing fun. The owners used to cycle machines in and out from time to time and we would see Funhouse, Party Zone, Terminator 2 and some others. The arcade cabinets I remember best were Shinobi, Kung Fu, Double Dragon, Smash TV, Ghosts and Goblins and a bunch of others.

I think like Ikeaboy said, I never pulled the trigger on getting my own and it might have been the price but also the fear of fixing it if it breaks. I have had a pool table in my home for years now but there is a lot less to go wrong on that than the pinball machines!

I keep my eye out for pinball games if I see them but mostly in places I can go spend a bunch of quarters on them and let someone else spend the $2k type price tag to keep and maintain them. I'd love to get one but sometimes it's okay to have access to one, pay to use it while you're there and then come back another time when you need your fix. I think that's the beauty of the Game Preserve place described in Texas. Wow would a place like that around here ever be sweet!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeaboy1 View Post
    I have a collection of pinball machines, including BTTF. I'm afraid that it's my least favorite table in terms of game play, but it would be one of the last I'd sell. My two favorites at the moment: Simpsons Pinball Party and Jurassic Park. Most beautiful and most difficult(IMO): Cirqus Voltaire. Just like Deloreans, they're fun to own, but can be frustrating and expensive when something goes wrong.
    Circus Voltaire is a GREAT machine. The most popular are Monopoly, Playboy, Harley D and Adams Family (not necessarily in that order). Unfortunately BTTF is not high on most pinball collector lists. It is not the newest generation with video technology. Pinballs can be expensive to fix. Especially if they were hacked up. All too often when they were out on routes to make money (and a broken machine doesn't make money) they got jury-rigged to keep them running. The other way they got ruined is after they got unpopular on domestic routes they were exported overseas. They rewired them for foreign voltages and when they broke they didn't have the parts to fix them so they hacked them up any way they could. When that got tired they reimported them back to the States. That is where most of them come from now and they can be a mess. Besides having to rewire them back to 120 all of the rubber has to be replaced, missing parts located and purchased, wiring repaired and programing reset back to English. Coin mechs reset to American money, etc. Some machines are so bad all they an be used for is parts.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    05457

I bought a BTTF pinball machine about a year prior to buying my car. I found it because I was regularly searching my local Craigslist for the word "DeLorean" when looking for the right car, and the pinball machine came up. It was for sale less than 5 miles from my house, and was in solid condition, so I had to jump on it. While it isn't the best pinball machine I've ever played (Champion Pub is my current favorite), I would have never thought of buying a different machine.

Maintenance on it hasn't been bad at all, regular cleanings, light bulbs, and that is it. There is a minor buzzing noise from the speaker that comes one when the lights flash that I've had trouble getting rid of. Sounds like interference on the wire. From what I've read that is common on BTTF machines, but haven't been able to compare to another one. If anyone has resolved that issue, I'd like to hear how!
    David Proehl

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast