FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DMC, BTTF and Pinball!

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

I was always partial to Xenon. The moaning noises were quite erotic!
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I skipped many a college chemistry class stuck in front of a Star Trek The Next Generation machine in the student union.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    I was always partial to Xenon. The moaning noises were quite erotic!
    Yeah.. we have one of those too. She is a great game!

www.gamepreservehouston.com

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    I'd love to have a BTTF pinball machine. Also would be looking for an Asteroids as well as Battlezone (the cool standup version). Star Wars was a great arcade machine as well. I actually worked at an arcade attached to the Huish Family Fun Center back in the early 80's as a tech - fixing games, unjamming tokens - it was a pretty awesome job for a high-schooler and into college.
    The one that was in La Mesa? That was an awesome FFC. Slick track karting, water slides etc..

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Circus Voltaire is a GREAT machine. The most popular are Monopoly, Playboy, Harley D and Adams Family (not necessarily in that order).
    I assume this is your top 4? Because aside from Addams, I don't know anyone into pinball that would agree with you... Medieval madness? Attack from Mars? Twilight Zone? Monster Bash? Those are the A-list titles. Unfortunately, their prices reflect that.

My current line up of machines is a home use only BTTF, Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, Star Trek The Next Generation, and High Speed II: the Getaway.

Heres what the internet pinball database has as the top machines right now. I find this to be pretty accurate; the majority of machines have several hundred ratings from adamant pinball fans.

Other sites tend to fluctuate based on whatever is popular right now, ie whatever games just came on the market and that new owners are posting reviews about. This list maintains a LOT more history.
    http://ipdb.org

Personally I swear by converting all machines to full LEDs. Lower energy draw, lower heat, and they look WAY better. To me there is nothing classic about incandescent bulbs that run to hot, burn out, put out low light, and cause molex connectors to fry.

Heres a video of my BTTF with full LEDs. It is really damn intense. This video is taken in total darkness.

STTNG.jpgSTTNG PF.jpgTZ.jpgTZ PF.jpgBTTF.jpgBTTF PF.jpgHSII.jpgHSII PF.jpgTAF.jpgTAF PF.jpg

Come on folks! Post some photos! I want to see what you're playing!!

(DeLorean03 I'm talking to you! )
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 02-19-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Id love to have an Attack from Mars and Monster Bash. I love the themes of both. MB, however, is kinda a shallow game rules wise. On the other hand, my Simpsons pinball party is insane. The rules are incredibly deep, and I've had a game last 40 minutes before and still haven't seen everything.

I love Jurassic Park because it's like a poor mans Addams Family. Plus, Jurassic Park. Awesome.

Another weird one I eventually want is Return from Mars. What a strange machine, but neat. Again, the campy alien theme is a winner with me.

I've never had the pleasure of playing Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikeaboy1 View Post
    Id love to have an Attack from Mars and Monster Bash. I love the themes of both. MB, however, is kinda a shallow game rules wise. On the other hand, my Simpsons pinball party is insane. The rules are incredibly deep, and I've had a game last 40 minutes before and still haven't seen everything.

I love Jurassic Park because it's like a poor mans Addams Family. Plus, Jurassic Park. Awesome.

Another weird one I eventually want is Return from Mars. What a strange machine, but neat. Again, the campy alien theme is a winner with me.

I've never had the pleasure of playing Twilight Zone.
    I LOVE the Simpsons Pinball Party. By far Sterns best game (and I'm not a very big fan of stern machines). A friend of mine bought one new in the box. Once ever I've gotten to the alien invasion; the flipper reverse totally threw me for a loop. Had to cross my arms to stay in the game.

My school had a monster bash in the on campus bar. I played the hell out of it in the several years it was there. Many times I carried the grand champ score. I had a couple games where I got to the concert twice in one game. The hard part was never collecting the band members, it's collecting their instruments. When you do that the points really add up.

Ive had 2 different Jurassic parks in the past. Loved them both. Data East games don't quite hold my attention the way Bally/Williams games do so I let them both go, still love the game. The "system failure" is still one of the coolest lead ins to a wizard mode.

I love Revenge from Mars. I know DeLorean03 is considering one my favorite part by far is when aliens are attacking the White House and you hear "Bill Clinton" yell: "save the interns!!" Haha, such a blast.

My VIN:    3299

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Come on folks! Post some photos! I want to see what you're playing!!

(DeLorean03 I'm talking to you! )
    Well, with that much of an invite ..... here is my T3 I've had for about 3 weeks.

T3_Translite_LEDs.jpg

LEDsComplete.jpg

Custom apron card I made to the right.
    Both_Cards.jpg

Here is the Getaway I just purchased tonight. It is being shipped from Boston:

187458-i.jpg187414-i.jpg187416-i.jpg187417-i.jpg187418-i.jpg187419-i.jpg187420-i.jpg187421-i.jpg187422-i.jpg187423-i.jpg187424-i.jpg187425-i.jpg187426-i.jpg187427-i.jpg187428-i.jpg187429-i.jpg187422-i.jpg187456-i.jpg187457-i.jpg

And here's some of my pins that have "come and gone":

JP.jpg

Only one left here is TFTC. I'll take some good pictures soon, as I am looking at selling it to pick up a RFM (as Nick stated ), a Bram Stoker's Dracula or a Metallica Pro.
    All.jpg
    DMCTalk.org Moderator

Actual snippet of a conversation from Sept 2013:

Me: Eddie, I can't wait to get the car back when you're done with it.

Eddie: Yeah, you'll be able to give the car gas, and it won't be - like - embarrassing....

My VIN:    6585

I'm going to see when I can make it up to The Game Preserve to play a few rounds of pinball!
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast